Director of Community Outreach/ College Relations
Company: Baltimore City Community College
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Director of Community Outreach/ College Relations
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Director of
Community Outreach/College Relations will be a creative and
innovative leader who develops and supports outreach and media
relations plans that build and sustain messaging in support of
Baltimore City Community College at the local, state, and national
levels. The Director is responsible for building opportunities to
advance the College's programs and strategies while managing the
flow of internal and external communications to promote one
- Takes the lead in the development of outreach initiatives,
including issues and crisis communication plans.
- Directs the narrative when disseminating news with media,
elected officials, community organizations, and College
- Builds and cultivates relationships with community
representatives and internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates and works with the Marketing Department to
coordinate production of print, radio and television
advertisements, and on-air promotions.
- Works with monitoring services to share related news articles
naming the College. Media Relations
- Develops and implements comprehensive media strategy to
maximize exposure for College programs.
- Works with the Marketing Department to coordinate production of
print, radio and television advertisements, and on-air
- Provides media (print, cable TV, radio, social media, web
sites, etc.) with notices of upcoming events, programs, and
- Develops and implement engagement strategies to maximize
positive media exposure for College programs, faculty and
- Cultivates relationships with traditional and nontraditional
media, responds to media requests, and communicates upcoming events
and campus programming.
- Provides routine updates to improve, evaluate, and enhance
processes and communications.
- Manages editorial requests, corporate, non-profit and
government meetings, press releases, and press
conferences.Community Outreach/College Relations
- Works with the Vice President and College leadership to
identify key stakeholders among community, business, faith-based,
legislative, and other key groups for targeted outreach
- Edits and produces weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Identifies community events and efforts that coincide
strategically with the College's mission and values.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with public relations
counterparts at other Maryland community colleges (including MACC
and MCCPRO) to support joint efforts.
- Assists with preparation of speeches for the President; edits
content as needed for College and Foundation publications.
- Helps to identify subject matter experts who can support
faculty and staff while expanding the visibility of the
- Directs the development of and actively maintains multiple
databases of contact information for targeted constituencies.
- Works collaboratively with security and other departments on
campus and provides resources to Cabinet leaders in the event of a
- Manages internal and external communications about campus
operations during emergency/hazardous or other occurrences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working relationship with local media and knowledge of
the City of Baltimore preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically develop, build and
achieve long-term and short-term capacity to reach goals and
objectives at the functional and organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective strategic
plans while anticipating future consequences and
- Demonstrated skill in approaching sensitive issues with
respect, discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to
collaborate, influence, motivate, negotiate, communicate, resolve
conflicts, and effectively coach staff and managers.
- Effective leadership skills that energize multi-disciplined
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
***PLEASE UPLOAD 7 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES as an additional
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, journalism,
multimedia or related field from an accredited college or
- Seven to ten years of experience in communications, public
affairs, or community relations.
- Seven years of progressively responsible supervisory/management
- Able to be responsive to media representatives 24/7.
- Master's degree in public or media relations, marketing,
- Prior experience managing multiple responsibilities in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Previous experience with higher education or in an academic
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin,
alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil
partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic
information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation
to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you
require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform
your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a
change to the application process or work procedures, providing
documents in an alternate format, using a sign language
interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing
accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process
should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources
office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the and .
Keywords: Baltimore City Community College, Baltimore , Director of Community Outreach/ College Relations, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!