Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
If you like the idea of meeting new people in new cities while
utilizing your professional HR skills to assist others with their
professional growth, I have an exciting and rewarding career
opportunity for you! Adams and Associates, Inc. is looking to hire
a Corporate Human Resources Manager in our -Corporate location in
Columbia, MD. If you enjoy working in an environment where you can
foster change for not only the employee's but Job Corps students as
well, then this position would be a perfect and fulfilling fit for
you. In this role you will have the opportunity to travel to
various states on an as needed basis, support Human Resources
Managers at our Job Corps Centers, spend time in cities acting as
the HR Manager while directly impacting the lives of today's youth,
tomorrow's future. Our goal as the Human Resources Team is to
ensure that the company remains compliant with the laws, policies
and procedures while mentoring, modeling, and molding the lives of
our youth. If you are thinking, this is my dream job, then apply
immediately because someone else may have the same dream. POSITION
SUMMARY Provides management and supervision of the Centers Human
Resource function. Analyzes human resources policies and procedures
and uses proper judgment and discretion to resolve issues and
problems. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION Supervises and manages the Human Resources
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no
manipulation of student data.
- Administers the Centers Human Resources activity, including
recruiting, screening, interviewing, hiring, discipline and
- Maintains a vacancy and turnover rate at or below the Center
standard. o Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. o Ensures
early or on-time completion of staff evaluations resulting in zero
- Oversees the Center staff training activities, which includes
developing, coordinating and administering the Center Staff
- Monitors the Center HR and employment practices to ensure
- Ensures the implementation of Equal Employment Opportunity
activities, writes and implements the Center Veteran and
Affirmative Action Plans annually with a focus on attaining goals,
investigates and resolves and/or refers EEO inquiries or
- Oversees the collection and maintenance of personnel data for
HRIS and reporting purposes. o Oversees the preparation of HR
- Ensures a nondiscriminatory work environment and equal
treatment of all Center staff.
- Conducts annual wage and salary surveys to ensure that the
Center is able to attract and retain qualified staff.
- Investigates and resolves staff issues and complaints in
accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Administers the Center fringe benefit programs (e.g. health
insurance, retirement plan, 401-k program, etc.) as
- Administers the staff evaluation, merit, incentive and bonus
- Administers the staff mentoring program. o Maintains required
employee files, logs and related documentation. o Responds timely
and completely to Company requests. o Conducts periodic internal HR
- Responsible for maintaining a cooperative and effective working
relationship with other Center departments and Centers.
- Provides management advice and assistance to supervisory staff.
o Assists Center staff in understanding and resolving employee
relations and benefit matters. o Functions as the student EEO
Officer and oversees the staff EEO Officer. o Coordinates staff
assistance programs, e.g., substance abuse, etc.
- Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform
his/her job responsibilities. Holds staff accountable for producing
quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines
staff members who fail to meet goals.
- Employs sound time management and delegation skills.
- Provides required/supplemental training for new and current
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a
supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and
proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community for
student benefit and promotes a positive image of the Center and Job
Corps. Establishes meaningful relationships within the community to
support Center operations.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as
required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the
student population and positively influences student behavior.
Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable
for their actions and behavior.
- Provides timely operational support for Center operations to
ensure quality programs and services. Pursues improvement in Center
operations to fulfill program objectives.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in
a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group
efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality
and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies
problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior
to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure
prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure
effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center
Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments
to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments
- Other duties as assigned. i QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree from an accredited school required. A minimum of
three years human resources management experience required. Human
Resources Certification preferred. Department of Labor approval
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., Baltimore , HR Manager, Executive , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!