RN Full-time Hospice Case Manager Registered Nurse $10,000 Sign-On BONUS
Company: Talbot Hospice Foundation Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This is a Full-Time position for an RN Hospice Case Manager with
On-Call Rotation responsibilities
$10,000 Sign-On BONUSGreat Benefit Package with fully paid Medical
Insurance option, IRA with 3% match, Generous PTO and much
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe Registered Nurse plans, organizes and
directs hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis
on community health education/experience. The Registered Nurse
professional builds from the resources of the community to plan and
direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within
their homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIESPatient Care
- The Registered Nurse completes an initial, comprehensive and
ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine
hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history
of current and previous illness(es).
- The RN provides professional nursing care by utilizing all
elements of nursing process.
- The Registered Nurse assesses and evaluates patient's status
by: A. Writing and initiating plan of care, B. Regularly
re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs, C. Participating
in revising the plan of care as necessary
- The RN Case Manager Initiates the plan of care and makes
necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing
- The Registered Nurse develops a care plan that establishes
goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative
nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
the physician in the physician's plan of care.
- The RN Case Manager counsels the patient and family in meeting
nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
- The Registered Nurse assists the patient with the activities of
daily living and facilitates the patient's efforts toward
self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- The Registered Nurse acts as Case Manager when assigned by
Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate
patient care for assigned caseload.Communication
- The Registered Nurse completes, maintains and submits accurate
and relevant clinical notes regarding patient's condition and care
given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
physicians' orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- The RN Case Manger teaches the patient and family/caregiver
self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and
other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and
utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and
families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- The Registered Nurse assists the patient and family/caregiver
and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice
interdisciplinary group to meet the emotional needs of the patient
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.Additional Duties
- The RN Case Manager Participates in on-call duties as defined
by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and servicesare available.
- The Registered Nurse supervises ancillary personnel and
delegates responsibilities when required.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance and participation in continuing education and
- The RN Case Manager fulfills the obligation of requested and/or
accepted case assignments.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2)
years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting,
and one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in home
- Current RN Registered Nurse Licensure in State of Maryland and
- Bachelor's degree, with one (1) year of hospice care experience
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or
crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good
Keywords: Talbot Hospice Foundation Inc, Baltimore , RN Full-time Hospice Case Manager Registered Nurse $10,000 Sign-On BONUS, Executive , Easton, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!