Associate Director, Admissions & Registration Services
Company: Johns Hopkins University
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are seeking an Associate Director of Admissions &
Registration Services . Reporting to the Director of Enrollment
Management, the Associate Director of Admissions & Registration
Services is an experienced, innovative, and thoughtful leader who
has a strong understanding of best practices in student admissions,
registration and records, and understands the impact of their role
in a strategic enrollment management organization. The Associate
Director of Admissions & Registration Services ensures the
integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic and educational
records of CTY students and works with center partners to ensure
compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as those of
other regulatory agencies. He / She will provide strategic planning
and direction for the Admissions & Registration office and oversees
all operations within that office, including the student
information system, admissions and eligibility verification,
registration, student academic records and the awarding of
certification of completion, transcripts, and eligibility. The
position is responsible for the oversight of the academic calendar
and course management strategy (schedule of classes, catalog, and
calendar). He / She will serve as a member of the Enrollment
Management leadership team, contribute to strategic enrollment
management planning, and is responsible, in part, for the execution
and evaluation of a number of enrollment management initiatives.
This position will provide support to CTY leadership on an
as-needed basis in order to facilitate the strategic mission of the
organization.Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, interpret and communicate enrollment operations to
provide, information to the Director of Enrollment Management.
- Serves as a key representative for Enrollment Management on CTY
- Provides oversight for all SIS and enrollment, admission &
related systems enhancements, and version implementations.
- Assists with tracking enrollment trends to make data-informed
- Coordinates with the Director of Enrollment Management and
center leadership to prepare appropriate policies and
- Maintains a strong understanding of end-to-end CTY strategic
enrollment management processes.
- Organizes projects with various cross-functional administrative
and academic teams.
- Oversees data entry into the SIS to ensure proper maintenance
and accuracy of student records. Including, but not limited to,
generating reports, analyzing student records data, communicating
with appropriate constituencies, and ensuring updates are completed
in accordance with policies, procedures, and/or standards to
resolve inconsistent data.
- Provides leadership and guidance of the Admissions &
- Oversees enrollment process from testing to registration.
- Leads office performance and process improvement process.
- Builds, documents, and ensures execution of all admissions,
enrollment and registration-related policies.
- Serves as the main lead on FERPA to include ensuring all CTY
academic records, forms, website, policies and procedures comply,
providing faculty/staff training, processing open records requests,
and resolving FERPArelated inquires.
- Assists in the validation of data within the SIS as related to
student academic records and admissions & registration
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods
- Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse pad,
and other office machinery.
- The incumbent will be required to communicate regularly via
telephone, face-to-face, and via electronic conferencing.Special
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Microsoft Outlook, MS SharePoint.
- Box and other technologies for workflow management.Other
- Knowledge of laws and governmental regulations that guide a
Registrars Office Knowledge of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and
- Responsible for supervising four employees.
- Ability to make independent judgments that have a significant
impact on the organization.
- Strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language in an
- Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to
make independent decisions.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.Minimum
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Three years related experience required.Preferred
- Masters Degree with 5 - 7 years experience in Registration
- Exceptional experience with student information systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb organization and planning skills with robust project
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving
- Prior supervisory experience is required.Classified Title:
Associate Director Enrollment ServicesWorking Title: Associate
Director, Admissions & Registration ServicesRole/Level/Range:
ACRP/04/MEStarting Salary Range: Commensurate with
experienceEmployee group: Full TimeSchedule: Mon - Fri / 8:30 am -
5:00pmExempt Status: ExemptLocation: Hybrid/Mount Washington
CampusDepartment name: Admissions & Registration ServicesPersonnel
area: Academic and Business CentersNOTE:This position requires U.S.
Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residency.This position does not
offer sponsorship.This hybrid position must be worked from
Baltimore, MD.This position requires three years minimum of
higher-education academic admissions, enrollment, and registration
experience.**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but
are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be
considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide
additional information confirming their academic completion
date.The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject
to a pre-employment background check.The Johns Hopkins University
values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through
our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and
.Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.EEO is the
InformationIf you are interested in applying for employment with
The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or
accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please
contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com .
For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more
information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at
Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu .Johns
Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as
applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements
may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical
reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU
vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for
SOM positions should visit
all other JHU applicants should visit
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on
campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.The pre-employment
physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working
with research subjects, or involving community contact requires
documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles),
Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and
documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria,
pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having
two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody
status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for
immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the
pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide
results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own
health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases
will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Note:
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.Equal
Opportunity Employer:Johns Hopkins University is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or
ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any
other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes
affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and
Keywords: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore , Associate Director, Admissions & Registration Services, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!