Event Logistics Manager (22-080)
Company: United States Naval Academy Non-Appropriated Funds
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*JOB TITLE: *Event Logistics Manager
*POSITION INFORMATION: *Full Time (35 - 40 Hours per Week,
*JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: *22-080
*SERIES & GRADE: *NF-1101-03
*OPENING DATE: *November 17, 2022
*CLOSING DATE: *December 1, 2022
*PAY RANGE: *$22.00 - $25.00/Hour
*LOCATION: *Naval Academy Business Services Division
*AREA OF CONSIDERATION: *All Qualified Persons
*RELOCATION EXPENSES: *None
Direct the administration of all housekeeping and maintenance
services for public and staff areas. Ensure the highest standards
of sanitation, safety, comfort, and aesthetics. Ensure events
receive required supplies and are set up properly. Supervise all
Logistics employees, plan and schedule work assignments, inform new
employees about club regulations, inspect Custodian and Logistics
personnel work assignments and requisition supplies.
A complete online application must be submitted to be considered
for a USNA NAF/NABSD position.
Please visit the employment website:
Applicants may call 410-293-2519 or x2882 if unable to complete
*QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS*
Applicants who meet the qualification requirements will be further
evaluated to determine the extent to which their education, related
experience, training, awards, and supervisory appraisal demonstrate
they possess the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES (KSAs) \*Responses must be
included on the KSA portion of the online application*
The Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) necessary for this
position are as follows:
1. Must be self-motivated, with excellent organizational and
communication skills, and attention to detail.
2. Ability to function in a fast-paced environment under short time
constraints, and within established deadlines.
3. Experience working with a team to execute a common goal.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
1. Plans the work of the custodian and logistics department and
distributes assignments accordingly; assigns regular and special
duties to house persons (custodians), inspectors and linen room
attendants; schedules employees and assigns days off according to
occupancy forecasts; maintains a time-log record book of all
employees within the department.
2. Inspects the custodian staff periodically to check quantity and
quality of work.
3. Inform laborer for the day and instruct them on how to setup for
4. Ensure that food is delivered on time for offsite events
5. Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used.
Transfers equipment and personnel from one project to another as
6. Receive rental equipment at various locations on and off the
7. Communicate with the catering staff and kitchen staff daily to
keep up with any changes or concerns.
8. Instruct the custodian of his/her duties for the day and ensure
that the duties are carried out.
9. If catering in Alumni Hall, communicate with staff regarding
schedule of setup.
10. Inspect the club for areas to be cleaned on a daily basis
11. Setup catered events and transport equipment and food if
12. Produce diagrams for room layout for catered events
13. Assist other managers and employees as needed
14. Communicates with linen company to ensure the needs of the
NABSD Retail Dining are met in quantity and quality.
15. Makes schedules (for both NABSD and Temp employees)
16. Evaluate and prepare annual evaluations for the Logistics
17. Train assigned employees in their area of work in compliance
with applicable standards and procedures.
18. Train assigned employees in the proper use of equipment and
19. Inspect employee workstations regularly for compliance to
applicable standards and procedures.
20. Ensure the adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
21. Supervise all logistics employees; write warning notices when
policies have been violated; evaluate employees for promotions or
transfers as openings arise.
22. Informs new employees about regulations; trains and assigns new
employees to work with experienced employees; occasionally checks
the work of new employees and reviews the reports made by
23. Makes recommendations regarding necessary capital expenditures
and special maintenance and repair improvements.
24. Develops and implements linen, supply and other inventory
management programs to control expenses.
25. Plans "deep cleaning" activities and schedules for club's
26. Participates in on-going evaluation programs to ensure that all
club areas meet cleanliness and safety standards.
27. Plans professional development and training activities for
28. Works with other department heads for set up of furniture and
other necessary items for special events.
29. Conducts regular inspections of all club facilities to note
needs for special cleaning.
30. Maintains MSDS forms and conducts chemical safety training
programs for department personnel.
31. Supervises compliance with outsourced cleaning contractors.
32. Attends department head and other staff meetings.
33. Completes other appropriate tasks assigned.
Explanation of employment preferences is available on the NABSD
Website. No preference is given unless requested and documented.
Acceptance or declination of a regular position ends ability to
claim preference for spouse or Involuntarily Separated (IVS)
applicants. To claim a preference, you must attach the following
documents with your employment application and request form:
* Military Spouse: most current military member's PCS orders,
submit spousal request form and write SPOUSAL PREFERENCE on front
page of the application - (Per the CNIC 5300.206b, spouses'
preferential consideration for NAF positions at the NF-3 and
* Veteran: Page four (4) of the DD-214
* Involuntary Separated Military Members and Dependents: page four
(4) of the DD-214 or copy of DD-1173 and write "IVS" on front page
of the application. IVS preference is approved only if
discharge/reentry code matches eligibility list.
_"To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide
injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated,
depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal
Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19
vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on
Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal
Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement
includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that
requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request
information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants
for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols,
such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing,
travel, and quarantine."_
_Some positions have special requirements. In these cases selection
is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements.
Applicants may be required to provide proof of education, etc. All
selections are contingent on obtaining satisfactory employment
_We are an E-verify participant._
_Please be informed that applicants will be required to submit a
federal government background check._
_As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to
participate in direct deposit/electronic fund transfer as specified
in the negotiated agreement._
_Occupants of this position must maintain the privacy of official
work information and data, and demonstrate the highest level of
_The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, or any other non-merit factor._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Masks are optional when working indoors.
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: United States Naval Academy Non-Appropriated Funds, Baltimore , Event Logistics Manager (22-080), Executive , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!