Director of Nursing
Company: Bond Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Bond Health - Director of Nursing Needed in PennsylvaniaFull
time M-F, other hours as neededRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge, skill and sound judgement in
assessment process and accurately correlates diagnostic data with
- Understands basics of budgeting and financial reporting
- Recommends and administers the nursing budget. Identifies the
need and makes recommendations for nursing capital
- Oversight/compliance with nursing budgeted PPD on a daily
basis; Not to fall below State minimum PPD
- Ensures provision for twenty-four (24) hour nursing care of
- Establishes and maintains standards of quality nursing
- Maintains nursing policy and procedure manuals either in hard
copy or electronic access for staff access. Oversight of policies
to ensure annual reviews are completed.
- Participates in the formulation of nursing service policies and
procedures when requested
- Ensures investigations that are warranted such as abuse,
grievances, incidents of unknown origin, elopements, falls, unusual
incidents, etc., are complete
- In conjunction with the ADON, completes/reviews/submits state
event reports as directed by the Department of Health. In addition,
completes verbal reporting of abuse, neglect, misappropriation to
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing department through nursing
audits and formulates a plan of correction if necessary.
- Participates in the development, monitoring, and correction of
facility wide quality assurance standards. Identifies areas of
concern in resident nursing care along with the nursing staff and
initiate corrective action.
- Interacts with appropriate members of healthcare team in
planning care and ensures that all pertinent resident information
is accurately communicated in a timely manner.
- Acts as a resource person for staff members, providing
guidance, direction and assistance as needed
- Attends committee meetings as delegated by the NHA
- Attends Morning Clinical Meeting/Stand Down meeting to monitor
residents' needs and quality of care provided to ensure complete
and thorough assessments.
- Attends and participates at Morning Stand Up meeting as
directed by the NHA.
- Participates in the facility's Quality Assurance /Performance
Improvement (QAPI) program and Performance Improvement Project
(PIP) and carries out roles and responsibilities as assigned.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations. Reports and assists with
education of staff as needed.
- Active participant during Department of Health surveys,
assisting with completion of required nursing services paper work,
frequent rounding on units, and on -going education to staff for
provision of good survey management.
- Demonstrates leadership, organizational and directing skills by
properly utilizing other staff assigned to provide nursing care to
residents. Delegates responsibilities to level of nursing as per
established job descriptions.
- Assesses personal growth and development needs in the nursing
profession and plans and implements personal development
- Demonstrates knowledge and performs within limits of State
Nurses Act, Home and Nursing Service policies and practices.
- Regularly attends and actively participates in continuing
education programs in the health care field. Attends Annual
- A graduate of an approved nursing program for professional
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Previous experience as an ADON/DON in a long term care setting
- Knowledge of CMS and Specific State regulations, guidelines and
best practices that pertain to long term care also desirable.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with professional and
non-professional personnel.For more information and to apply,
please contact:Howard NewmanAccount Manager, Bond Health
Staffing5824 12th AvenueBrooklyn, NY, 11219Office: 1-718-302-0040
ext. 204Fax: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Bond Health, Baltimore , Director of Nursing, Executive , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!