Lead Technical Manager Hybrid IT Infrastructure
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description Job Description:Leidos' Civilian Health Operation is
seeking a dynamic, mission-centric hands-on Lead Technical Manager,
contingent upon contract award, to support a federal agency's
large, mission-critical 24/7/365 enterprise Hybrid Multi-cloud
infrastructure.The position will be part time client-site in the
Baltimore Washington DC area and part time telework.As a Technical
Manager (TM), you will be responsible for leading engineering
activities across all aspects of the program, including systems
engineering, DevSecOps, Automation, Hybrid cloud infrastructure,
and Cyber Engineering. The TM will have broad IT experience and
deep understanding of network-related and software defined
technologies as well as engineering management processes, cost
estimating, business acumen, project management, all aspects of
ITSM, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide
system improvements and optimization.The successful candidate
should be collaborative, analytical thinker with strong
problem-solving and program management skills to deliver the best
solutions in support of the customer's mission. The candidate must
possess strong communications skills and the demonstrated ability
to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.Primary
- The TM leads all technical tasks during program startup and
implementation, including establishing the engineering team for
- Works closely with the Leidos Program Manager and PMO to
provide services and projects that adhere to quality, SLAs,
schedule and budget.
- Works closely with the client Program Office and other customer
leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy,
contractual requirements and service delivery.
- Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and
providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract
execution across the entire Hybrid Computing Environment
- Provide technical, managerial, and administrative direction for
problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and
implementation for complex to extremely complex systems in the
subject matter area.
- Experience designing and implementing DevSecOps and Continuous
Integration /Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline for
- Provide design, deployment, modernization, operations and
maintenance of the infrastructure services including monitoring,
health remediation, regular maintenance, backup and recovery and
- Oversee the execution of the tasks consistent with the service
level agreements and industry best practices.
- Oversee reporting of performance and execution data and
information on a periodic basis and address client concerns
- Ensure successful team delivery of high-quality enterprise
network services, facilities network, wireless services, data
center network services, colocation network services, and change
management services in compliance with project SLAs
- Mentor and coach other technical staff. Works with customer and
program office to achieve success.
- Able to travel to client sites.Basic Qualifications
- Master's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited
college and 10 or more years of technology engineering experience;
or a bachelor's degree from an accredited college and 13 or more
years of technology engineering experience. Additional years of
experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five or more years as the TM for IT Technology for a
- Experience managing a team of technical professionals to
deliver IT projects and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability
to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Experience with ServiceNow, RPA (UIPath, Blue Prism, Automation
Anywhere etc.) based Automation for User Support, Help Desk and
- Proactive and Continuous Monitoring of 24x7 systems in Hybrid
environment, Capacity Planning, Performance/Cost optimization of
applications and infrastructure in Hybrid environment.
- Able to be present in-person in the DMV area for scheduled
client, customer meetings
- Ability to Work/Collaborate with different contractor and
government teams as well as industry and vendors.
- Experience within healthcare domain (preferably, FDA, NIH, or
agencies in HHS) is highly preferred.
- Experience with M365 and Microsoft Power
- Experience with API Gateways such as MuleSoft and other
- Understanding of requirements for ATO and POAM gates.
- Experience with Orchestrating of DevSecOps and CI/CD pipeline
using CloudBees (Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Puppet, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Containerization using
- Security and Compliance requirements understanding for
- Understanding/Experience with NIST standards (e.g. NIST
800-171, NIST 800-53, etc.) is desired.
- Understanding of QA/QC requirements for federal agencies
- Experience with standard system engineering lifecycle concepts,
architectural frameworks, and artifacts to produce working
- Capable of presenting complicated concepts and course of action
to Government and Leidos leadership.
- Experience producing business cases for government projects and
experience estimating project work as well as operations and
- Technical experience with current and emerging IT technology
covering Network Design and Services, DevSecOps, Automation, and
- Experience with developing and managing a customer focused
continuous improvement program
- Experience promoting and using latest technology to drive
continuous improvement in business value
- Experience with execution of complex technical projects in
areas of IT infrastructure migration and cloud-based adoption
- Experience with managing team performing Network Support,
Server and Storage Operations and Administration and Disaster
- Recognized cloud certification, such as Amazon Web Services
(AWS) Certified Solutions Architecture professional and other cloud
- Active Public Trust Clearance or Ability to obtain a Public
Trust ClearancePreferred Qualifications/Skills
- Certifications: PMP - or equivalent project management
certification, CCNA, CISSP
- ITIL4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification
- Detailed knowledge of key engineering and network technologies
such as Cloud Natives, Splunk, Firewall, ServiceNow, Automation
tools, Virtualization, Network
- Experience with low code/no code systems such as Appian, Pega
and CamundahhsfdaPay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 -
$245,700.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Baltimore , Lead Technical Manager Hybrid IT Infrastructure, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!