Clinical Nurse Case Manager
Company: Johns Hopkins University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Clinical Nurse Case Manager
Bay Addiction Medicine is seeking a Clinical Nurse Case Manager who
will provide nurse case management services to patients of the CCP
in order to increase adherence and optimize the health of
participants requiring medical case management.
- Division Director, Michael Fingerhood, MD.
- Administrative Supervisor: Debbie Blunt.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify patient biopsychosocial needs and develop plan of care
in collaboration with patient and medical provider.
- Provide education to patients concerning disease and
- Assist patients in understanding lab results and how the
results affect their overall health.
- Promote adherence to medications and importance of keeping
- Responsible for required quality improvement metrics and
- Refer patients to hospital and community resources, including
assistance with securing health insurance.
- Determine Ryan White eligibility funding for patients.
- Complete appropriate case management documentation according to
- Participate in relevant training, conferences and
- Duties are varied in nature, requiring the solving of both
commonly encountered and unusual problems. Significant independence
of action is expected. Work is guided by nursing ethical standards,
JHU and JHBMC policies, and the requirements of resource agencies.
- Provide medical case management services to patients following
the Ryan White Grant guidelines.
- Collaborate with care team to discuss issues and needs of
- Prepare Medical Case Management Workplan and monthly reports
utilizing CareWare data.
- Enter medical case management visit data into CareWare
- Attend required grant and quality improvement meetings with
Baltimore City Health Department.
- Participate in Ryan White Grant site visits.
There is possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous
material, and pharmacological agents, with little likelihood of
harm if established health precautions are followed.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
- Prefer one or more years of nurse case management experience in
a healthcare or public welfare setting with knowledge of HIV,
substance abuse, and psychiatric illness.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are
completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered
eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional
information confirming their academic completion date.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- RN, Licensed in the State of MD, Current CPR certification.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Collect, compile and organize facts in order to interpret
information, select, and implement an appropriate plan of
- Demonstrate general knowledge of HIV disease, treatment,
resources; associated mental health and psychosocial support
- Ability to educate patients concerning HIV, substance abuse,
medication compliance and side effects.
- Skilled in dealing with issues related to substance abuse,
human behavior, crisis intervention, family dynamics, stages of
development and the grief process
- Knowledge of community based service delivery systems.
- Knowledge specific to public entitlement programs related to
- Skilled in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Skilled in biopsychosocial assessment and cultural elements of
nurse case management practice.
- Knowledgeable about the current health care environment.
- Capacity to gather and synthesize relevant data.
- Skilled in crisis intervention, psychiatric evaluation, and
substance use assessment.
- Able to work with culturally diverse patients, staff, and
- Strong organizational, writing, and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Must be able to provide consultative services to medical
- Must be able to move between multiple tasks while balancing
priorities in an unpredictable environment which requires a high
level of flexibility and responsiveness.
- Computer literate, use of word processing.
Classified Title: Clinical Nurse
Working Title: Clinical Nurse Case Manager
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM Bay Addiction Medicine
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a
pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns
Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation
during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the
HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY
users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as
applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements
may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical
reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU
vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for
SOM positions should visit
all other JHU applicants should visit
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus.
Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas,
laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving
community contact requires documentation of immune status against
Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella
(chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the
Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include
documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella
vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory
testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are
ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for
those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization
documentation from their own health care providers. Any
vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost
in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until
EEO is the Law
To apply, visit
Keywords: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore , Clinical Nurse Case Manager, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!