Manager, Clinical and Family Consultation
Company: The League for People with Disabilities Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:Our MissionThe League for People with Disabilities
is committed to allowing individuals to gain independence, increase
self-sufficiency, and improve their quality of life.Our Core Values
-- Accountability-- Independence-- Mutual Respect-- Participant
Focus-- Quality Summary: The Manager of Clinical and Family
Consultation will provide clinical consultation and guidance to all
staff, participants, and families within the Youth Autism Services
department. The Manager will ensure that individual goals are being
achieved, appropriate services delivered, documentation
requirements are completed, and family needs are met. This manager
will directly supervise family consultants and provide clinical
observations/supervision to all staff, as needed.Essential Duties
- Remain available via cell phone for on-call/crisis
- World collaboratively with Administrative Coordinator to
recruit, screen, hire, and train Family Consultants.
- Supervise Family Consultants and complete required supervision
documentation per MSDE and Autism Waiver regulations.
- As needed, participate in intake meetings, participant team
meetings, and Individual Treatment Plan meetings.
- Conduct Family Consultation Meetings, Adult Life Planning,
and/or Treatment Plan Meetings as needed.
- Serve as the Family Consultant for families during times of
turnover or other circumstances where a Family Consultant is not
assigned and/or unable to fulfill the expectation of meeting
monthly with each family.
- Assist with developing and coordinating training for Youth
Autism Services Family Consultants, ensuring they complete
mandatory training within the required timeframes.
- Track and complete timely evaluations of all Family Consultants
and provide input to other managers for Support Counselor and TI
Instructor evaluations based on clinical observations.
- Track and ensure that all Treatment Plan Meetings are completed
and submitted to MSDE within 365 days of the previous Treatment
Plan, that all required forms are updated, and that all 6-month
reviews are completed within the required timeframes.
- Review Treatment Plans for quality and accuracy before
submitting them to Director.
- Review IISS Progress Notes/Logs for content, quality, and
timeliness of entry.
- Conduct quarterly clinical observations/supervisions for
assigned staff and ensure that Family Consultants conduct monthly
and/or quarterly observations for their assigned staff.
- Provide clinical guidance and community supervision when
managers, staff, or parents make referrals/requests or ETO notes
indicate a lack of progress or staff insight into effectively
working on the goals outlined in the treatment plan.
- Actively participate in Quarterly Youth Autism Services Staff
Meetings, including assisting the Director with PowerPoint
preparation, content, and actual presentation.
- Attend ongoing training and meetings with the Maryland State
Department of Education.
- Ensure all required reports are filed with MSDE, DHMH, and
- Implement State of Maryland DHMH, MSDE, and League
- Develop positive working relationships with MSDE, DHMH, School
systems, and all other involved parties.
- Assist in creating a progressive, safe, and culturally
- Fully participate in the Youth Autism Services Management and
League Managers/Directors teams.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director or
- Demonstrate the 5 Core Values of The League (Accountability,
Participant Focus, Quality, Independence, and Mutual Respect).
- Operationalize the mission of The League for People with
Disabilities by creating a supportive environment for participants
and staff.BenefitsFull-time (35+ hours) and part-time (at least 30
hours) employees benefit from working as a team at The League for
People with Disabilities.
- Generous Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- 12 Paid holidays, including a floating holiday.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Group Life
- Long-term Disability
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Staff learning opportunities
- Free access to our Wellness Center
- Free access to our warm pool and hot tub
- Free On-Site Parking Requirements:
- The ability to work with diverse populations
- Access to a reliable automobile and a valid driver's license
with no more than 3 points
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skillsEducational and /
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervising staff direct
care staff in a positive and productive manner.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with people with
disabilities, at least 3 of which must include individuals with
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or
related field Certified Special Educator.PI208128133
Keywords: The League for People with Disabilities Inc, Baltimore , Manager, Clinical and Family Consultation, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...