Director Behavioral Health Services (US)
Company: Elevance Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for directing a state or regional
behavioral health services function. Responsible for one line of
business and one or more states depending on size and complexity of
the contract. PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Ensures appropriate utilization and administration and/or
delivery of EAP or Behavioral Health services.
- May lead team(s) of clinicians providing direct care
- Directs assessments, provides appropriate referrals, and
performs follow up to ensure the quality and appropriateness of
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with providers,
advocates and state partners and works to maintain quality
outcomes, proper billing, and coordination of care.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional corporate teams
which design and implement new care/case/utilization management
- Develops and implements process and program redesigns.
- Leads multiple teams of clinicians charged with promoting
quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to
promote effective use of resources.
- Ensures adherence to all contract, regulatory and accreditation
- Develops short/long-term objectives and monitors processes and
procedures to ensure consistency with the enterprise and compliance
with state and federal regulations.
- Collaborates with Care Management partners to resolve issues or
- Manages budget and special projects. Hires, trains, coaches,
counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports. ***
Candidate MUST reside AND be licensed in the state of Maryland***
- Requires a MS in a mental health field (i.e. social work,
counseling) or related field (i.e. nursing) and a minimum of 10
years of clinical experience including case management and
leadership experience; or any combination of education and
experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted license for specific profession (i.e.
LCSW, RN,) as required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills,
problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical
Keywords: Elevance Health, Baltimore , Director Behavioral Health Services (US), Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...