NURSE MANAGER - OPERATING ROOM
Company: LifeBridge Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
NURSE MANAGER - OPERATING ROOM
Full-time - Day shift - 7:30am-4:00pm
August 2, 2023
The Operating Room (OR) Nurse Manager provides nursing management
and oversight of the Operating Room and SurgiCenter, including the
assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of patient care and
nursing services. Provides clinical patient care management,
ensures the cost-effectiveness and quality management of the
Operating Room. Fosters an environment of collaboration and respect
with physicians, nurses and other healthcare team members. Hold
staff accountable for achieving optimal efficiencies and patient
care outcomes. Manages human resources to assure quality services
and promote positive employee relations.
The Operating Room at Northwest Hospital consists of 10 surgical
suites and 2 endo suites (6 OR rooms and 1 endo suite in main OR; 4
ORs and 1 endo suite in surgery center on campus).
Leadership: -Provides overall direction for and coordination of
operations in concert with Hospital vision, mission, goals, and
department specific goals and objectives.
- Responsible for directing, coordinating and controlling all
aspects of the operating functions, processes, and staff of
perioperative services while demonstrating the primary goal of
efficiently providing surgical services that exceed customer
expectations and improve clinical and financial
- Work to achieve the goals and objectives established for
quality of care, customer service, financial performance, and
operational efficiency improvements.
- Responsibilities include inventory management, personnel
supervision, cost analysis, regulatory compliance, business
development, risk management and QI.
- Networks and utilizes resources of other disciplines and allied
health personnel to improve delivery of patient care. Demonstrates
awareness of ethical/legal aspects surrounding the provision of
- Ensures self and unit staff functions within legal
- Demonstrates awareness of changes, concepts in nursing practice
and treatment modalities, and utilizes results of Performance
Improvement activities to improve the quality of patient
- Communicates effectively with leadership team regarding staff,
physician and systems problems or issues affecting both the
department as a whole and individual services.
- Responsible for reviewing all nursing service personnel in both
performance and patient care.
- Acts as a role model in nursing practice and communication
- Available whenever needed in administering direct patient care;
represents perioperative services as the dept manager on hospital
committees and task forces.
- Fosters positive work relationships between the surgical
departments and all departments of the system. Develop, monitor and
control the staffing needs, operations budget and capital
- Develop, monitor and control the purchasing plan to stay within
the proposed budget and maintain compliance with group purchasing
Human Resources: Establishes standards and expectations for all
personnel within the area of responsibility.
- Promotes team building through cooperation and consensus
building to create positive patient outcomes, i.e. work
- Follows up with and provides feedback to all team members by
reviewing expectations with action plans to improve.
- Mentors and coaches team members through active role modeling,
i.e. rounds, team meetings, performance improvement, evidence based
Performance Improvement: Designs and implements plans for unit
improvements which demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and
- Will develop performance metrics consistent with competitive
organizations and implement actions to achieve such as well as
annual objectives intended to achieve growth and standards setting
- Responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the daily
operational activities of perioperative services.
- The manager is to be incredibly visible and has physician
satisfaction as a basic expectation.
- Identifies indicators that reflect customer relations, clinical
performance, and financial improvement.
- Implements evidence based practices.
- Instructs and provides educational activities that promote
patient care and professional growth of all staff members.
Fiscal Management: -Assists with the preparation and implementation
of operational and capital budget.
- Develops a unit based expense budget. Monitors financial
expense variance reports for staffing and supplies.
- Maintains financial variances plus or minus one percent.
Compliance: Knowledgeable about current regulatory standards
governing patient care and ensures that nursing staff carries out
patient care according to those standards. (i.e. JCAHO, IDPH/HCFA,
specialty, IHI, AORN, ASPAN, etc.).
- Incorporates national standards of practice and care into unit
- Monitors and measures effectiveness of unit standards of
practice and care.
- Develop and ensure compliance with appropriate departmental
policy and procedure manuals for use by the staff.
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory agencies and
Additional Information As a condition of employment, if not already
completed, all new hires are required to receive the first dose of
the COVID-19 Vaccination Series prior to their Occupational Health
pre-employment assessment, and scheduled to complete the Vaccine
Series within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
As one of the largest health care providers in Maryland, with
13,000 team members, We strive to CARE BRAVELY for over 1 million
patients annually. LifeBridge Health -includes Sinai Hospital of
Baltimore, Northwest Hospital, Carroll Hospital, Levindale Hebrew
Geriatric Center and Hospital and Grace Medical Center, as well as
our Community Physician Enterprise, Center for Hope, Practice
Dynamics, and business partners: LifeBridge Health & Fitness,
ExpressCare and HomeCare of Maryland.
Keywords: LifeBridge Health, Baltimore , NURSE MANAGER - OPERATING ROOM, Executive , Randallstown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!