Grants Director (Non-Civil) - Department of Finance
Company: Baltimore City
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Grants Director (Non-Civil) - Department of Finance page is
loaded Grants Director (Non-Civil) - Department of Finance Apply
locations City Hall time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago
job requisition id R0006011 THIS IS A NON-CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
OPENING DATE: -02/02/2024 CLOSING DATE: 05/02/2024 AT 12:00AM
MIDNIGHT SALARY: $108,231.00 - $178,513.00 Annually CLASS
DESCRIPTION Reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance, this
position is a newly created hands-on leadership position leading
the Grants Management Office in the Department of Finance. The
successful candidate will provide oversight and support citywide.
The candidate will need to be able to organize and multitask;
maintain effective working relationships with staff and other City
employees; and communicate effectively with staff, management and
other stakeholders. In addition, the candidate will need to ensure
compliance with laws, work to update policies and procedures and
lead the development of a centralized grant management office.
- Lead and manage grants management office; engage in strategic
planning around citywide policy, grant metrics and grant compliance
best practices both within the GMO and outline and monitor
reporting and compliance requirements citywide.
- Engage stakeholders with regular communication, toolkits and
- Monitor City-wide revenue receipts, grant draw-downs, and
spending to ensure early identification of potential issues.
- Ensure GMO provides guidance to agency grant managers about
best practices in managing grants for topics such as allowable
costs, record-keeping, and sub-recipient monitoring.
- Develop related grants management reports for example, a grant
- Communicate the quarterly projection report to Administration
leadership and other stakeholders, such as City Council.
- Develop a final fiscal-year closeout report on grant
performance, like BBMR's final closeout report, which shows the
grant results for the fiscal-year, any surplus/deficit recorded,
and impact on the General Fund.
- Lead the development of citywide training materials related to
- Lead the development, implementation and update process for
grant policy citywide, including ensuring regular review and
assessment of agency compliance.
- Manage the functional area of the grants workstream in Workday;
including leading staff in managing grant security roles,
management of grant work tags, facilitating the evaluation of WD
quarterly updates impacting grants workstream and providing
oversight and review of any configuration or other technical
changes that would impact agency grant managers. EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION: A master's degree in business
administration, Law, Management or Public Administration or related
field from an accredited college or university is
preferred.ANDEXPERIENCE: Have five (5) years of progressively
responsible professional experience, policy driven operational
responsibilities including 2 years of experience of coordinating
homogenous functions. Experience with Workday Grants and/or
Financial Accounting workstream preferable. NOTES(EQUIVALENCIES):
Have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of
business and public administration, including but not limited to
operational functions of the Finance Department and Grants
- Knowledge of standard office management methods.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure, staffing patterns
and administrative controls. Ability to plan, organize and direct
the work of others.
- Ability to present recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying
departmental policies, laws, rules, regulations and procedures.
Ability to develop and implement program procedures.
- Ability to speak and write effectively; including the ability
to speak effectively in legislative forums, workgroups, business,
and community forums.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, staff of
other agencies and the public. NOTE: -Those eligible candidates who
are under final consideration for appointment to positions in this
class will be required to authorize the release of criminal
Financial Disclosure: This position is required to complete a
Financial Disclosure pursuant to Sections 7-7, 7-8, and 7-9 of the
City Ethics Law. - BALTIMORE CITY AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About UsIn the City of Baltimore we hire great people and provide
them with the skills and opportunities to grow toward their career
aspirations. If you are looking for a career change or interested
in learning more? Explore our opportunities and benefits
programs.We are excited to have you as a part of the City of
Baltimore Team!Questions regarding the application process should
be directed to the Department of Human Resources Office of
Recruitment at -(410) 396-3860, 711 (TTY), 7 E. Redwood Street,
16th -Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202 or -send an email to
Keywords: Baltimore City, Baltimore , Grants Director (Non-Civil) - Department of Finance, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!