Scanning & Archiving Production Manager
Company: ARC Document Solutions
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job Title: AIM Production Manager
Department: AIM Operations (Columbia, MD)
FLSA Status: Salaried (Exempt)
Reports To: Branch Manager
Supervises and coordinates production activities concerned with all AIM Services performed at the Regional AIM Operations Center as well as those performed at other division locations within the Region and any on-site at customer locations where AIM Services are being performed. Activities includes all processes related to: assuming and returning custody of customer documents, tracking and inventory control of source documents, document preparation, image acquisition, document indexing, image processing, image posting, and cloud solutions. Responsible for quality control of AIM Services. Serves as customer's primary operations point of contact for AIM Services as well as overseeing customer service activities as related to AIM Projects. Works in close coordination with AIM Sales team, assisting with cost estimates for prospective projects.
HERE ARE THE EXCITING THINGS YOU GET TO DO:
- Assists the AIM Sales team with project planning, determining customer needs, and developing technical solutions, determining cost calculations and potential project timelines.
- Interfaces with customers regarding production scheduling, problem solving, job status, and general information requests. Provides other forms of customer service as required.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Inspects and maintains equipment and supplies as required for operation of the business to verify conformance to specifications. Directs setup and adjustments of all AIM equipment.
- Confers with AIM Operations Management to establish production and quality control standards and procedures.
- Develops budget and cost controls to improve cost effectiveness. Obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of services ordered.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, technology, and equipment. Develops quality standards and creates, implements, evaluates, and modifies inspection criteria and procedures with AIM management, departmental and branch managers.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with project specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems, improve product quality and workflow.
- Revises production schedules and clarifies priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Monitors, records, and reports inventory.
- Directly supervises employees and temporary labor in the assigned Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees (as well as interviewing and selecting temporary labor from designated labor source); planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Communicates company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Performs activities of workers supervised when necessary.
- Assists Sales Managers and Branch Operations Managers to meet sales needs at customer sites, including training/education of sales employees.
- Confers with other managers to coordinate activities of individual departments and branches.
THESE ARE WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In depth experience with large and small format production document imaging technologies and solutions is highly desired.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least five years of experience, managing a commercial document scanning operation.
Working knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Access, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop. Must also have in depth knowledge with document imaging principles, imaging mechanics, file structures, file formats, OCR, ICR, OMR & Bar-Code technologies, and methodologies.
Experience and a strong aptitude for developing process workflows including acute attention to establishing quality control procedures within process workflows.
Keywords: ARC Document Solutions, Baltimore , Scanning & Archiving Production Manager, Executive , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!