Director of Events and Promotions
Company: Live! Casino & Hotel
Posted on: October 12, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the successful planning implementation of all Maryland Live events & promotions, as well as invitational promotional programs and offers. Successful special events and promotions are an integral part of Maryland Live Casino being the #1 regional gaming and entertainment experience GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Manages Maryland Live Casino's special events and promotions to outpace the competitors in the region. Will provide ongoing cost benefit analysis and return on investment for all major programs. Will monitor the competition by consulting newspapers, trade journals and other publications to learn about contemplated promotions, social functions and activities of casino and offers.
- Manages the special events and promotions life-cycle for both on property and off property events, including research, planning, implementation, evaluation and analysis. Utilize internal resources as well as external resources.
- Organizes all special events and promotions efforts to drive rated play, stimulate slot and table games play, with slot and table tournaments, dinners, gift giveaways and tier based promotions, etc.
- Create a warm, welcoming and exciting environment for each program.
- Effectively communicate, measure and report the effectiveness of each program.
- Lead as point of contact for special events and promotional ideas to achieve specific challenges.
- Build relationships and meet with other department directors and managers as necessary. Plan, evaluate and execute.
- Source and acquire vendors and resources that support the operational and budgetary needs of the department.
- Manage a team consisting of Coordinators and Representatives. Ensure training, development and performance management.
- Interview potential new hires and make sound hiring decisions based on company values.
- Develop, maintain and balance an annual budget.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and hazard free work environment.
- Travel to off-site locations and networking events as necessary.
- Promote and practice excellent public relations and customer service
- Other duties as assigned "Job Requirements: MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- A broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
- Ability to be exposed to alcohol, smoke, bright lights, and noise.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs to the Casino floor.
- Ability to work in 24/7 high energy casinos with over 300,000 square feet of gaming, hotel and entertainment space JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, advertising, marketing, communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years (5) of experience in planning special events and promotions in a high volume company. Casino or hospitality industry is preferred.
- Commitment and ability to work on flexible shifts and days off and long hours, including weekends, and nights, ability to provide lateral service to other department with a different job characteristics.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Financial and budgeting skills preferred
- Must possess the ability to deliver and coach team to give a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Must display commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint "
Keywords: Live! Casino & Hotel, Baltimore , Director of Events and Promotions, Executive , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!