Kitchen Manager - Baltimore
Company: Cheesecake Factory
Posted on: November 20, 2018
Position Overview: You may know us as a company with great food You may also know us from Fortune s 100 Best Companies to Work For list What you may not know is that our menu is fresh and made from scratch ingredients, making each of our kitchens a place for culinary excellence! Reporting to the Executive Kitchen Manager, you will work with a culinary team highly respected in the industry for producing delicious, memorable food. You ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Ready to embrace technology: You will work with state of the art kitchen systems and kitchen equipment and learn advanced cooking techniques.
- A dynamic leader: Ready to listen, ready to solve problems and never too busy to smile and celebrate exceptional performance.
- A Culinary perfectionist: At The Cheesecake Factory, it s all in the details and YOU never miss a detail! Here s more of what you ll get to do:
- Manage one of our Kitchen workgroups, Prep, Line or Dish. Be an inspiration and motivate daily excellence in culinary operations.
- Use your career experience and talents to help the restaurant reach its financial goals through skillful management in the categories of labor, food cost and kitchen supplies.
- Recruit, interview and hire talent into our kitchen staff.
- Train, mentor and develop staff members so that they can reach their career goals with our growing company. 40% of all kitchen management hires are promoted internally.
- Have fun in a fast paced environment! Qualifications
- Must have 2+ years of kitchen management experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking
- Culinary school background a plus
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus
- Able to work ten hour-plus shifts, plus ability to stand, sit, squat or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work closing shifts and evenings as needed.
- Able to grasp, reach overhead, push, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation Benefits: This position offers industry-leading benefits and an average 50 hour work week with 2 days off consecutively. Location: This position is located in Baltimore, MD. About Us: Recognized as one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For , The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, twenty-one The Cheesecake Factory restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 39,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Associated topics: assistant general manager, back end, bakery manager, day manager, gerente de cocina, kitchen manager, night shift manager, restaurant manager, service manager, shift manager
Keywords: Cheesecake Factory, Baltimore , Kitchen Manager - Baltimore, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!