Posted on: March 18, 2019
RealStreet Staffing is actively seeking a Superintendent to join our client, a well-established, full service construction company.
The Superintendent is directly responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and directing field activities on commercial construction projects. Typical projects include large renovations and ground up construction ranging from $10 to $20M. The Superintendent supervises crews and equipment, coordinates installation of all trades work and ensures project schedule is met. This position reports directly to the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager.
Typical Responsibilities for the Superintendent Include:
• Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site operations. Supervise labor and subcontractors to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance.
• Define and delegate responsibilities and set goals subcontractors. Develop and maintain overall operation planning for duration of the project.
• Coordinate with and provide input to project team on scheduling, engineering, material control, and job productivity. Monitor status of project, schedule, productivity and costs. Review and provide input on job costs and projection updates.
• Develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Inspect work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, identify deficiencies and explain and take corrective action as needed.
• Comply, understand, and support company safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment. Identify jobsite safety hazards and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize them.
• Support and ensure implementation of quality program.
• Maintain good client relations.
To be successful in this role, the Superintendent will possess:
• High school diploma, junior college degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of project supervision experience in commercial construction.
• Experience as Superintendent on ground up construction projects valued at $10M+
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), negotiations; engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills are essential.
• Good computer skills.
From commercial and private ventures to government initiatives, RealStreet Staffing professionals provide a solid foundation for the success of clients in the Metro DC / Baltimore area, and throughout the continental US. Employees of RealStreet Staffing enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes a choice of health care coverage, prescription, dental and vision plans, life insurance, LTD, Paid Time Off Program and a 401k with generous company match.
Apply today for immediate consideration.
Keywords: , Baltimore , Superintendent, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!