Certified Dietary Manager
Company: Healthcare Services Group
Location: Forest Hill
Posted on: June 15, 2019
OverviewHealthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long
term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Certified
Dietary Manager in your area! HCSG has a custom, state of the art
- Manages the foodservice program in a single site according to
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) policies and procedures, and
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food
quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines and
customer service expectations are met.
- Maintains records of income and expenditures, food, supplies,
personnel and equipment and provides reports to HCSG District
Manager on such.
- Makes sure facility has sufficient supplies.
- Takes periodic inventories of supplies and materials, trains
new employees, and recommends dismissals.
- Acts as liaison between building occupants, client managers or
administrators and HCSG staff.
- The Manager must be able to communicate effectively all
directives from client managers, building occupants and
administrators to HCSG staff.
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of dietary
aide, cook, and dishwasher positions for purposes of training and
assisting when there are call-outs.
- Training, quality control and in-servicing staff to HCSG
standards is an essential part of the Manager's responsibility and
includes touring kitchen several times per day to assess work
quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- The Manager is a department head in the facility and must
conduct themselves and their department in a professional
- The Manager consistently embodies the characteristics necessary
to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate's degree or higher in food service management or in
hospitality, if the course study includes food service or
restaurant management, from an accredited institution of higher
- Specialized training in foodservice management and nutrition is
- Current ServSafe certification is required in accordance with
State/County law, or must become ServSafe certified within 30
calendar days of hire.
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager
designation is required in accordance with CMS and/or State/County
- Two years' experience in quantity food production/service and
personnel supervision is desired.
- Two years or more related dining/nutrition experience is
- Skilled in motivating and supervising foodservice
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Ability to read and understand nutrient analysis reports.
- Knowledge of foodservice program requirements.
- An understanding of foodservice program finances.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required,
including web-based reporting.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of quantity food production and serving
techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and
- Skill in using public relations techniques to promote the
foodservice program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other
personnel and the public.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills organizational
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.Healthcare
Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare
Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Baltimore , Certified Dietary Manager, Executive , Forest Hill, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!