Learning and Development Manager
Company: 14 West
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Overview14 West, an Agora Company, is looking for a Learning and
Development Manager to join our team in the historic neighborhood
of Mount Vernon in Baltimore, MD.
The Learning & Development (L&D) Manager plays a key
partnership role to all of The Agora Companies and is responsible
for managing the delivery and implementation of training programs
enterprise-wide. This position is responsible for the overall
design, development and execution of learning, training and
professional development initiatives focused on helping individuals
across the organization. These offerings include facilitated and
self-directed skill development programs for people leaders and
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, 14 West was voted one of Baltimore's Top
Workplaces by The Baltimore Sun. You can learn more about life at
14 West by checking out our WestWord blog.Responsibilities
- Partner with department leaders to determine training
- Serve as an advisor on effective learning, training and
development strategies to improve or add training
- Work independently, with internal subject matter experts
(SMEs), L&D colleagues and external vendors to design, develop
and deliver solutions that help professionals build the needed
technical and non-technical skills.
- Leverage best practices and innovations; consult on a variety
of different media to engage the learner.
- Manage program facilitator relationships including coaching on
design and delivery standards.
- Manage end-to-end program operations including costs,
communications, program delivery and evaluation.
- Use evaluation data to measure impact and improve curriculums;
continuously assess delivery process improvement opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years of learning, training and/or professional
development experience (or equivalent) in a complex/professional
- Experience using LMS systems highly preferred.
- Proven results with planning, creativity, and deployment of
learning initiatives linked to business outcomes.
- Develop learning solutions in a variety of modalities (e.g.,
eLearning, microlearning, eBook, video, job aids) using standard
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and practices in
multiple learning modalities.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task and
prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to translate project goals into a plan and
effectively leverage available resources to meet goals and timeline
while keeping track of details.
- Ability to communicate and consult with multiple levels of the
- Knowledge of Agile is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation skills,
and interpersonal skills.
We offer a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to our
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Employer-subsidized parking.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Generous vacation time and paid holidays.
- Fitness programs and discounts.
- Casual dress code.
If interested, please submit a resume and application to the link
About 14 West
14 West is the business services arm of The Agora, a network for
more than 40 of the world's most innovative media and marketing
companies. By relying on us, The Agora Companies enjoy the unique
luxury of focusing on the work they want to do--- not the work they
have to do. We share a history and a heritage with the businesses
we support, and custom tailor our administrative and technical
strategies to suit them. We believe passion is a critical
ingredient in the services we provide. And we strive to deliver
leading-edge yet sustainable solutions that promote perpetual
Keywords: 14 West, Baltimore , Learning and Development Manager, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!