Manager Patient Care Services - Critical Care (CCU and Stepdown)
Company: MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
Posted on: October 13, 2019
- Provides leadership to care providers and assumes 24-hour
accountability for clinical practice. Ensures the provision of
quality patient care and customer services. Fosters staff's
commitment to improving patient outcomes. Facilitates staff
integration to Patient-Centered Care. In collaboration with
Director, monitors financial and resource management. Collaborates
with the Director of Patient Care Services and Vice President of
Patient Care Services.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Valid RN license in the State of Maryland; Bachelor's degree
- 2 years progressive leadership experience; 3 years clinical
- Valid RN license in the State of Maryland. CPR certification
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basic
computer skills preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes annual performance appraisals in a timely manner and
ensures that appraisals reflect the individuals' ability to meet
- Counsels associates effectively and collaborates with Director
Patient Care and Human Resources to utilize the disciplinary
- Demonstrates and fosters customer relation skills among
- Develops and recommends department operating budget and ensures
that department operates within budget.
- Develops department goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures. Ensures compliance with hospital/facility policies and
procedures and governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Encourages staff to attend educational programs.
- Ensures appropriate staffing for unit(s). Ensures unit
activities flow smoothly.
- Identifies individual staff development needs and provides
appropriate resources to meet needs. Encourages staff to attend
- In collaboration with Director Patient Care, develops
unit-specific orientation and preceptor program, plans and
coordinates the unit-specific competencies for all personnel,
supports the implementation of new programs, helps to design
educational programs to ensure the highest quality care delivery
and customer satisfaction, and gives staff timely and constructive
feedback on performance.
- Investigates and follows through on customer complaints and
- May involve staff in the development and implementation of
patient-centered care. Mentors and coaches individuals based on
their strengths and developmental needs. Sets clear expectations
for performance and holds staff accountable. Delegates
responsibility for problem solving and decision making to staff
within scope of their authority.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the
department and hospital in community outreach efforts as
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Selects, trains, orients, and assigns department staff.
Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, and
conducts performance management planning. Initiates or makes
recommendations for personnel actions. Maintains ongoing
communication with subordinates to review programs, provide
feedback, discuss new developments, and exchange information. About
MedStar HealthMedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest
quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C.,
region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education,
innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated
physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system,
including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations,
the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, Baltimore , Manager Patient Care Services - Critical Care (CCU and Stepdown), Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!