Company: Hotel RL Baltimore Inner Harbor
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-MD-Baltimore# of Openings: 1Category: Front
DeskPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: ExemptAbout Us
Housed in the historic 10-story Keyser Building, Hotel RL is
located just steps from the Inner Harbor. A testament to our love
of all things local, creative and good for the world, our hotel
features bright and peaceful guestrooms, ethically sourced Victrola
Coffee at the Caf, and The Living Stage?an intimate stage for
thought-provoking events. At our Inner Harbor hotel, we've
partnered with Baltimore Uncovered as part of our philanthropic
initiative, Project Wake Up Call, to raise awareness and funds for
the homeless. Stay comfortable. Stay inspired. Stay Curious at
Hotel RL. Join our team of professionals and enjoy discounted
meals, discounted hotel rate at other hotels in the company,
competitive pay and health care benefits. Contact us to see how we
can elevate your career.
Ensure guest service standards of the guest arrival, departure, and
any other guest contact experience are met and cleanliness and
maintenance standards of the guestrooms, meeting areas, public
areas, and back-of-the-house are met through the optimal training,
staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient management of
operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest service
scores and comments./
- The following are specific contributions that must be developed
during the training program in order to successful complete the
program and be placed in a hotel:
- Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout and guest
service, service, while ensuring all brand standards are being
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to
ensure their optimum performance.
- Implement company and franchise programs.
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff workload to ensure compliance
with cleanliness and maintenance standards, which requires
continuous visual and written inspections of guestrooms and public
- Manage the housekeeping budget by implementing controls for
- Conduct periodic inventory of guest supplies, small equipment
and linen as required.
- Inspects rooms, storage rooms and room attendant carts for
neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair and
controls expenses and minimizes waste within all areas of
- Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the
guest response tracking system.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management. Utilize
labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Implement and manage all company programs to ensure compliance
with the SOPs and LSOPs; to include safety and sanitary regulation,
all federal, state, franchise, and local regulations to ensure
optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to
- Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems, provide open
communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when
appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely completion of
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
- Ensure compliance of front office, guest service, and
Housekeeping standard operating procedures and policies. Ensure all
Standards are complied with and are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to
facilitate increased levels of communication and guest
- Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential problems by
reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business
flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer
satisfaction and quality.
- Must complete monthly inventories for Front Office and
Housekeeping to ensure adequate supplies are on hand for guest
needs and employees.
- Operate department pursuant to OSHA requirements and guidelines
and ensure full compliance with the SWIM program.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards is
essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years management experience, with at least 3 years in
- Proficient with PMS system
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of all front office and
housekeeping operations and individual job requirements.
- Knowledge of brand standards and programs
- Able to handle cash and credit transactions.
- Computer literacy and financial management a must.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers,
some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and
diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and
- Able to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Able
to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy
hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing
equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety
and health, wage and hour issues and labor relations, including,
but not limited to the following statues and their comparable state
and local laws.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with associates and customers.
- Able to make sound business decisions and take action quickly
based on previous experience and good judgment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their
job duties and be a team player.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Hotel RL Baltimore Inner Harbor, Baltimore , Operation Manager, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!