Area Manager, Human Resources
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 11, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Area Human Resources Manager is responsible
and accountable for the development, implementation, and
administration of all phases of Human Resources at various
divisions and operation units of a given geography including, but
not limited to: employee relations; labor relations (if applicable
to the location); recruiting; employment; staffing; diversity &
inclusion; performance management; compensation; benefits; talent
management, training and organization development. The Area Human
Resources Manager is a business partner with the Area President,
General Managers and local managers and functions under the direct
supervision of the Area President with dotted line accountability
to Region Vice President Human Resources.
- Provides human resources advice and consultation to employees
and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance
management issues, conflict management, and resolution.
- Works closely with the Regional Vice President Human Resources
for all matters beyond the scope of basic day-to-day
- Disseminates, implements, and monitors corporate policies,
programs and procedures in the areas of administration, training,
compensation, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and
- Oversees recording and maintenance of employee information,
such as; personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data,
attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary
actions, and terminations.
- Oversees the coordination, implementation and administration of
EEO/AA and Diversity Goals and Objectives including affirmative
action plan requirements, investigations regarding employee issues,
and implementation of diversity strategies.
- Ensures Area compliance with federal, state, and local laws and
regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative
action, unemployment compensations and any other employment-related
legislative requirements. Coordinates with Safety Manager regarding
workers' compensation, DOT, OSHA and EPA compliance.
- Coordinates with Area operations and Regional Vice President
Human Resources to facilitate all employment activity (i.e.,
hiring, disciplining, terminations, etc.) within the Area.
- Responsible for the local HR/Payroll point of contact
personnel's knowledge and ability to advise and educate employees
regarding benefits and company policies.
- Provides or directs preparation of statistical data or
background data for reports on a regular or as required basis.
- May supervisor direct reports.
- This position requires travel by air, car and/or other modes of
transportation for a minimum of 50% of the time.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Employee relations experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Strong business orientation.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully supporting multiple
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruiting,
selection, and training.
- Knowledge of employment law, including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Title
- Experience in handling investigations and employee relations
- Ability to impact and influence without formal authority.
- Knowledge of a Profit and Loss statement and interpretation of
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 7 years of directly applicable experience as an
Human Resources Generalist or Manager involved in all aspects of
human resources.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Baltimore , Area Manager, Human Resources, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!