Senior Manager, Proposal Development
Company: Paragon Gene Therapy, a unit of Catalent Biologics
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Paragon Gene Therapy, now a part of Catalent, hires people with a
passion to make a difference. Your expertise, coupled with our
advanced technologies and collaboration with innovative
pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring
life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your
talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to
develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live
better, healthier lives. Paragon Gene Therapy, in Baltimore,
Catonsville, Gaithersburg, & Harmans, Maryland, provides
industry-leading GMP development and manufacturing services for
cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals such as recombinant viral vectors,
next generation vaccines & hard-to-express recombinant proteins and
oncolytic viruses. The Senior Manager, Proposal Development will be
responsible for developing proposals for a comprehensive range of
CDMO services and project types, supporting the Business
Development team. The Senior Manager, Proposal Development works
cross-functionally to integrate components of proposals, synthesize
content and deliver cohesive proposals that provide a compelling
offering to potential clients. This is a fast-paced,
detail-oriented, and varied role that requires outstanding
interpersonal and customer service skills, the drive to learn, and
the ability to perform sales support responsibilities and thrive in
a team environment. Key Responsibilities include, but are not
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day proposal development.
- Manage prioritization and timing of proposal development
efforts in collaboration with business development and commercial
- Work closely and effectively communicate with other members of
Business Development and collaboratively with internal
cross-functional teams (i.e., Project Management, Process
Development, GMP Operations, Quality, Finance) and senior
leadership to create compelling proposals.
- Responsible for coordination with subject matter experts (SMEs)
to obtain technical, budget and schedule information, writing
and/or editing proposal language and pricing.
- Develop and maintain standardized tools to support Business
Development, including proposal templates, libraries of standard
proposal language and company offerings, databases of project,
personnel, facility and other company information and establish
processes for regular updates.
- Set-up and prepare responses to Requests for Information
(RFIs), including coordination with SMEs/functional leads to
prepare technical components of submissions.
- Support project change order development, including tracking
and coordination with Project Management and SMEs in preparing
scope and pricing.
- Research, write and edit information for written proposal
response, creating customer ready proposals.
- Contribute to team and departmental initiatives outside of
day-to-day proposal activities. Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to be flexible, motivated, resourceful, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Project
and Power Point).
- Superior time management, organizational skills and accuracy;
Detail-oriented and careful about quality of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
Demonstrates ability to interact with and build relationships with
a diverse range of people who possess a variety of skills,
experience, and personalities at all levels of the
- Proven ability to multi-task at a high level and the ability to
prioritize and adapt to changing deadlines and needs. Ability to
prioritize, including the ability to deliver client-ready materials
under strict deadlines.
- Highly independent, self-starter with an ability to take input
from all levels of the BD and Operations teams to create clear and
- Demonstrated professional writing, proofreading, and editing
- Looks to continuously improve processes and how work is
accomplished; takes a proactive approach to completing work tasks.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in a scientific discipline,
communications, business or related field.
- 8+ years of hands-on proposal development, writing and
- Experience working in biotech/pharma industry and/or contract
manufacturing environment highly preferredParagon Bioservices is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
Keywords: Paragon Gene Therapy, a unit of Catalent Biologics, Baltimore , Senior Manager, Proposal Development, Executive , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!