Registered Nurse (RN) - Transport / Rapid Response Team
Company: University of Maryland Medical Center
Posted on: February 15, 2020
What You Will Do:
Transport Nurse (RN) - Express Care / Rapid Response Team
Full-Time - Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world
class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Centerwith a
comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
We are looking for talented Transport Registered Nurses to join our
nursing team here at University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you'll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to
progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an
Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free
Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a
base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for
your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden
Yards, you won't find a more vibrant place to work!
About the Unit(s)
The University of Maryland Medical Center operates a busy critical
care and interfacility transport service.
- ExpressCare is comprised of critical care personnel, specialty
care paramedics, transport nurses, and communication staff.
- A primary mission of ExpressCare is to provide safe and
effective transport for patients requiring a higher or more
sophisticated level of in-hospital care.
ExpressCare crews are capable of the following specialty
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Neonatal interfacility
- Critical care
- Intra-aortic balloon pumps
The University of Maryland also operates a busy intrahospital
critical care transport service. In addition, the team responds to
adult inpatient/outpatient emergencies outside of the ICU
environment. The Mobile Practitioner Team/Rapid Response Team are
capable of the following:
- Safe intrahospital patient transportation of the critically ill
adult population to diagnostic and procedural areas.
- Providing a continuity of care for patients during diagnostic
imaging/procedures while outside of ICU environment.
- Providing emergent interventions to deteriorating patients in
acute/intermediate care areas, as well as care to non-inpatients
needing urgent/emergent care
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Current
licensure in the State of Maryland as a Registered Nurse.
- Currency in the following certifications required: Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
certification; Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), if applying
for as a pediatric nurse; Critical Care Nurse Certification (CCRN);
and annual Infection Control, Fire Safety, and TB training.
- Critical Care Nurse Certification (CCRN) is required or must be
obtained within one year of employment. Management may grant a
six-month extension for special circumstances.
- Two (2) years ICU experience required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - Transport / Rapid Response Team, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!