Company: Akahi Services
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Baltimore, Maryland. This and
other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Research
NurseAkahi Associates, LLC is seeking a highly qualified Research
Nurse to work at our client site the National Institute on Drug
Abuse, MD. This is a PRN position as needed, flexible.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Organize and provide any education needs for NIDA research
- Organize and provide nursing care based on protocol
requirements to varying patient populations including blood draws,
EKG, point of care testing, medication administration, and other
- Act as a nursing resource in providing support for research
- Assist and lend support to research participants.
- Troubleshoot and communicate problems that may arise during
studies. Document and file any adverse event reports, and perform
follow ups on problems accordingly.
- Provide various core functions in supporting the clinic's
operation including assisting with medical supply ordering, medical
equipment maintenance, lien and food/snack ordering sheets.
- Organize nursing implementation meetings, formulate electronic
research nursing checklist, assist and contribute to the design and
flow of study visits pertaining to nursing for research protocols.
DELIVERABLES. Upon request, the contractor shall provide
documentation evidence of any and/or all work product, including,
but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work products and documents related to assessing, planning,
performing and evaluating patient care for patients with various
- Work products and documents related to assessing and
implementing health education needs in individual patient
- Work products and documents related to implementing nursing
tasks as indicated by research protocols.
- Work products and documents related to acting as a nursing
resource in providing continuous support for research team
- Work products and documents related to assisting and providing
support for research participants; troubleshooting and
communicating any problems that arise during studies.
- Work products and documents related to supporting the core
functions of the clinic's operation including assisting with
medical supply ordering, medical equipment maintenance, lien and
food/snack ordering sheets.
- Work products and documents related to supporting research
protocols; organizing nursing implementation meetings, formulating
electronic research nursing checklist, assist and contribute to the
design and flow of study visits pertaining to nursing.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR OTHER EXPERTISE
REQUIRED. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in nursing. Three (3) years of specialized
experience plus a BA/BS degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
Active Maryland State Nursing License.
- Four (4) years nursing experience with CPR certification.
Experience in clinical research setting with protocols and clinical
trials. Strong diagnostic and clinical skills.
- Basic Life Support training.
- Interest/Experience in: Neurology, Psychiatry, Addiction,
Research, Clinical Research setting, treatment experience
- Ideal to have experience with blood draws (Phlebotomy
- Flexible schedule position with possible weekend and evening
For further information, to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status. Only qualified individuals who are being considered
will be contacted for an interview. Keyphrases: medical faculty
jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Akahi Services, Baltimore , Research Nurse, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!