Licensed Practical Nurse - Infection Control
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested
in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Licensed Practical
Nurse - Infection Control with Corizon Health at (Facility Name)
located in (City, State):
* Maintain current knowledge of CORIZON infection control and
employee post exposure information developed by Corporate
* On an annual basis do a risk assessment of facility (Population
served, Main Diagnosis, High Risk Procedures, State Regulatory
Requirements) to develop the surveillance program. Performs
surveillance on inmates and staff on an ongoing basis and
formulates rates, reports and trends data. Reports communicable
diseases to health department as required by State law.
* Assess annually staff infection control needs to develop staff
related infection control program. (Vaccinations, Exposures,
Training, Regulatory) Provide staff training per Regulatory
Guidelines and as needed or indicated by surveillance data.
Collaborate with Human Resources Department and Occupational Health
to ensure employee health issues are addressed.
* Monitor compliance with State and Local Regulations and OSHA
standards. Monitors staff compliance with established procedures as
indicated by surveillance data. (e.g. Handwashing, IV care,
Catheter care, Trach care, etc.) Participate in environmental
rounds to monitor safety and cleanliness throughout the
* Provide inmate education as needed regarding infectious diseases
and provide pre and post HIV counseling to inmates and staff as
indicated. Assist with product selection in relation to Infection
Control issues. Assess, recommend and conduct education for
assigned area nursing staff
* Participate in staff, Safety and QI committee meetings per
facility policy and provide reports as requested. Serve as a member
of the Regional Infection Control Committee. Functions as a member
of the nursing health care team and performs assigned clinical
duties as directed and within licensure.
* Monitor and audit care of patients enrolled in the Chronic Care
Unit (i.e. Diabetics, Hypertension, HIV, Seizure, post surgical,
etc.) Compile and maintain Statistical data for MAC, CQI and
Corrective Action Plans. Assess and recommend improvement. Assess,
recommend and conduct education for assigned area nursing
* Monitor compliance with ROI and Medication Verification Process.
Monitor compliance SAW protocol. Assess, recommend and conduct
education for assigned area nursing staff.
* Ensure audits are being conducted by pharmacy techs and
corrective actions are implemented and followed. Audit and monitor
ordering, transaction and administration at all sites.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current
licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse
(RN) in state of employment.
* Minimum of two (2) years experience as an Infection Control Nurse
with HIV Counselor certified.
* Must receive a satisfactory background investigation report.
* Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push,
pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
* Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally.
Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down
flights of stairs.
* Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and
endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and
emotional) situations encountered on the job.
* Occasional running when responding to emergencies; must be able
to perform BLS.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are
required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Keywords: Corizon Health, Baltimore , Licensed Practical Nurse - Infection Control, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!