Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical Prep Center
Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: January 14, 2021
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - SURGICAL PREP CENTER Full-Time - Day Shift
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a
world-class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for an RN with Surgical Procedure Readiness
Evaluation & Preparation (PREP) Center experience. The function is
Triage & Patient Care Coordination for Pre-Op Patients. We are
looking for an experienced RN who will be able to conduct the
preoperative assessment over the phone in order to coordinate for
About the Unit
The PREP Center patients receive pre-operative teaching and
detailed instructions regarding their procedures the continuation
or discontinuation of medications. Patients also receive
information on per-operative infection prevention measures.
The nursing and support staff draws from their emergency medicine
and critical care knowledge and expertise to provide quality care
to patients recovering from same-day surgery and medical procedures
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Dialysis/Vascular Access
- Fracture Repairs (knee, hand, shoulder)
- Glaucoma Surgery
- GYN Oncology Surgery
- Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pain Procedures
- Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Strabismus SurgeryAs a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you'll
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model: Opportunities to
progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an
Academic Medical Center with nursing centered care model and Magnet
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free
Savings Plans, and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a
base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for
your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of
Nursing.Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and
Camden Yards, you won't find a more vibrant place to work!
Qualifications: (Will show was "What You Need to Be Successful:" in
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland or
eligible to practice under a compact license.
- BSN preferred (Associates Nurses with 1+ years of
- All Applicants must have 1-2 years of experience in Pre-op, ED,
or critical care in an inpatient facility, outpatient surgical
office, or other environment performing surgical services to
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, ccu, infusion, intensive care
unit, nurse, psychatric, registed, surgical, unit
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical Prep Center, Healthcare , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!