Primary Care Physician in an Outpatient PCMH in Baltimore (Physician #
Company: Jordan Search Consultants
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Primary Care Physician - Job Description
Reports to: Medical Director
AbsoluteCARE, located in Baltimore, MD, is looking for a Primary
Care Physician with experience treating patients with multiple
chronic diseases who truly believes in the value of a team-oriented
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model. The Primary Care
Physician participates as a part of a comprehensive
multi-disciplinary team providing wrap around care to patients in a
program designed to educate, empower, and improve the health of
AbsoluteCARE patients. This physician is also responsible for
helping develop transitional care plans for patients being
discharged from hospitals, ERs, skilled nursing facilities, and any
other venue that requires transitional care. This in turn lowers
unnecessary ER utilization, inpatient utilization, specialty
utilization, and readmissions while increasing the quality of care
delivered. The Primary Care Physician provides physician services
including counseling patients regarding the most appropriate
setting to meet their healthcare needs, performing diagnostic
evaluations and treatment, providing the appropriate information
regarding specialist services, and end of life programs. Special
attention is given to the PCMH model, evidence-based protocols and
screening, and working as a collaborative team that includes; nurse
practitioner, medical assistant, nurse care manager, clinical
social worker, and office coordinator.
- Focuses on the management and improvement of health for
patients with multiple chronic medical conditions.
- Able to work in a team environment, process feedback, and
facilitate discussion and implementing plans of care from other
members of the team.
- Develop strong transitional care plans and able to help keep
track of paneled patients along the whole continuum of care
including discharges from the hospital, ER, skilled nursing
facilities/nursing homes, and home care.
- Develop care plans in conjunction with multidisciplinary team
members specific to each patient.
- Treatment of some acute exacerbation of chronic conditions
onsite, utilizing the ambulatory care infusion center, i.e. Lasix
for CHF, IVF for Dehydration/Renal Failure, IV antibiotics for
various infections, Nebulizer/Solumedrol for COPD/Asthma etc.
Possess a comfort level and the knowledge to differentiate when
exacerbation can be treated within AbsoluteCARE and when a higher
level of care needed.
- Accepts same day/next day or urgent appointments for patients
from home or discharged from the hospital/ER/skilled nursing
facility in need of intensified physician or case management/social
work services to ensure acute episode has resolved and the patient
is not admitted/readmitted.
- Vigilant in keeping track of patients and their disease
processes to prevent ER visits, admissions to the hospital, and
- Understands the PCMH model of care as pertains to specialist
care, only utilizes this higher level of care as needed, and not a
substitute for a well-trained primary care physician with evidence
based clinical skills.
- Assists with educating patients regarding their chronic
diseases and healthy choices.
- Assists with the education and discussion of chronic disease
progression and the need for advanced directives.
- Practices evidenced based medicine and in accordance with the
PCMH model of care.
- Able to keep track of and successfully obtain specified quality
- Uses technology and the electronic medical record to the
highest capability to increase quality initiatives and efficiency
within the medical center.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary meetings and recommends
treatment alternatives designed to keep patients healthy or resolve
- Perform other duties as required consistent with chronic care
and disease management services provided to patients.
- Licensed physician in the state of Maryland
- Board certified Internal Medicine or Family Practice is
- BLS certification required
- Strong focus on customer service is required
- Experience in population health management is preferred
- Experience in working with psychosocially and medically complex
patients is strongly preferred
- Knowledge or experience with NCQA PCMH model is preferred
- Must be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with
constant collaboration within and across provider teams
- Experience and comfort around maximizing EMR systems
- Problem-solving and the ability to be creative in those
- Strong oral and written communication skills Keyphrases:
internal medicine jobs, internal emergency medicine jobs, internal
medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine critical care jobs,
internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal medicine pediatrics
jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: Jordan Search Consultants, Baltimore , Primary Care Physician in an Outpatient PCMH in Baltimore (Physician #, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!