Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Supplemental
Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: January 15, 2021
What You Will Do:
University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Supplemental Opportunity Available!
- This position is a Master's prepared advanced practice nurse
(APN)that provides anesthetic care in collaboration with
anesthesiologists, surgeons, physicians, and medical professionals
in every practice setting throughout UM Rehab & Ortho.
- This position performs CRNA functions and practice parameters
as detailed by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- The CRNA will administer anesthesia and anesthesia-related care
in four general categories: 1) pre-anesthetic preparation and
evaluation, 2) anesthesia induction, maintenance and emergence, 3)
post-anesthesia care, and 4) peri-anesthetic and clinical support
functions. Principal Responsibilities & Tasks:
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Performs and documents a pre-anesthetic assessment and
evaluation of the patient, including requesting consultations and
diagnostic studies; selecting, obtaining, ordering, or
administering pre-anesthetic medications and fluids; and obtaining
informed consent for anesthesia.
- Develops and implements an age-appropriate and culturally
sensitive anesthetic plan, taking into account the principles of
growth and development throughout the lifespan.
- Selects and initiates the planned anesthetic technique which
may include: general, regional, local anesthesia, and intravenous
- Selects, obtains, and administers the anesthetics, adjuvant
drugs, accessory drugs, and fluids necessary to manage the
- Selects, applies, or inserts appropriate non-invasive and
invasive monitoring modalities.
- Interprets and utilizes hemodynamic and laboratory data to
maintain the patient's physiologic homeostasis and correct abnormal
responses to the anesthesia or surgery.
- Manages a patient's airway and pulmonary status using current
- Manages emergence and recovery from anesthesia by selecting,
obtaining, ordering and administering medications, fluids and
ventilatory support in order to maintain homeostasis, to provide
relief from pain and anesthesia side effects, and to prevent or
manage complications. Transports critically ill patients to the OR,
ICU or testing area when appropriate.
- Discharges patients from a post-anesthesia care area, and
provides post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Orders, initiates or modifies pain relief therapy through the
utilization of drugs, regional anesthetic techniques, or other
accepted pain relief modalities, including labor epidural
- Responds to emergency situations by providing airway
management, administration of emergency fluids and drugs, and using
basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and graduation
with a Master's degree from an accredited school of nurse
- Must hold current licensure from the Maryland State Board of
Nurse Examiners to practice nursing and nurse anesthesia.
- Hold current certification or recertification from the National
Board on Certification & Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: bsn, care, care unit, infusion, intensive, nurse
clinical, registered nurse, staff nurse, tcu, unit
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Supplemental, Healthcare , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!