Company: Center For Discovery
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Position Type Contractor Job Shift Contractor Job Category
Center For Discovery The Medical Director is responsible for
consulting with the Psychiatrist, Clinical Director, Executive
Director, Nursing Manager, Facility Directors, Nurse
Administrators, and Regional Director, as necessary, to ensure
appropriate medical interventions and care for the patients. The
Medical Director provides quality care to patients that is aligned
with Discovery Behavioral Health's treatment philosophies.
- Consults with the Admissions Department to ensure an
expeditious admissions process, and that patients are medically
appropriate for RTC.
- Completes a full medical history and physical within 24 hours
of admission for all patients admitted to the Eating Disorder
Program. Completes a full medical history and physical for patients
admitted to the Mental Health Program, as needed.
- Meets with the patients on a weekly basis for patients admitted
to the Eating Disorder Program and meets with patients in the
Mental Health Program, as needed.
- Prescribes and oversees medications and/or medical
interventions, as necessary.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager, Psychiatrist, Clinical
Director, and Facility Directors to discuss individual treatment
- Acts on behalf of the treatment program when called upon; such
interactions may include insurance companies, licensing, and
- Documents, timely, in the EMR system, Kipu.
- Assists program treatment staff in treatment planning.
- Provides medical direction to the nursing staff and treatment
- Responsible for proper implementation of waived testing
policies and training.
- Familiarizes and adopts the Philosophy, Mission, Goals, and
Objectives of the Center For Discovery treatment programs.
- Must refrain from comments and actions that directly contradict
Discovery Behavioral Health's treatment model.
- Full adherence to the Discovery Behavioral Health policies and
- Full adherence to health code policies, Joint Commission,
HIPAA, and licensing regulations, including mandated
- Full adherence to infection control guidelines.
- Complies with Discovery Behavioral Health's dress code.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all members of
the Treatment Team.
- Has basic knowledge and ability to support Center For Discovery
and Discovery Mood and Anxiety Program's Clinical Models.
- Serves as a positive role model to employees, patients, and
guests through a caring and professional attitude.
- Completes job tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains professional boundaries at all times.
- Provides quality customer service in all interactions.
- Willingness to evaluate personal processes and receive
- Must be able to work with and communicate with persons with
differing multicultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities, tact, initiative,
resourcefulness, professionalism, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental
attitude This is a full-time position overseeing 3 Eating Disorder
and 3 Mental Health residential programs. Qualifications
- Must be a graduate of an approved medical school and hold a
current license in the state of practice
- Must be eligible for membership in the local branch of the
State Medical Society Why Work with Us At Center For Discovery you
will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of
professionals consisting of eating disorder and mental health
experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing.
Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care
and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and
personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized
growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills
and career objectives. Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Paid sick time, vacation days and paid holidays
- 401k with employer match (Traditional/Roth)
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Supplemental benefits including FSA, HSA, and Pet
- Opportunities for additional certifications and education Get
to Know Us Center For Discovery has a 20-year legacy of
transforming lives by promoting health, healing and hope to our
clients and their families. We are a national leader in behavioral
healthcare and offer world-class treatment for eating disorders,
mental health and substance use conditions. We serve adolescents
and adults in both residential and outpatient settings. It is our
mission to create a transformative therapeutic experience aimed at
profoundly and creatively facilitating behavioral, emotional and
spiritual growth. We place a high priority on providing an
environment that supports an unlimited capacity for learning, and
we seek qualified individuals who share our passion for improving
the lives of those we serve. With plans for continued growth,
upward job mobility makes this an ideal workplace for those who
want to build a career in the behavioral health sector. Come grow
Keywords: Center For Discovery, Baltimore , Medical Director, Healthcare , Crownsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!