Physician / Psychiatry / Maryland / Locum or Permanent / Adult Psychiatrist - Inpatient Job
Company: Palm Health Resources
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Adult Psychiatrist - Inpatient facility is looking for an
immediate full-time positive, flexible and teamwork driven adult
psychiatrist to provide psychiatric services to established
patients at a behavioral health clinic located in Salisbury, MD.
The clinic is located within a beautiful hospital campus and is
part of a robust service line encompassing adult inpatient
services, adult partial hospitalization services and 24/7
behavioral health services in the emergency department. This
position offers the candidate flexible hours and scheduling, loan
forgiveness and the opportunity to be part of an expanding
multidisciplinary team that focuses on service excellence and
patient-centered care. Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patients, indicated family
and/or support persons, conducting examinations, observing
behaviors, reviewing medical history and related documents,
selecting, administering and interpreting assessments, diagnostic
instruments, laboratory tests and results.
- Prescribes and/or administers psychotherapeutic treatments
and/or medications and monitors patient progress to achieve optimal
- Gathers, records and maintains patient information and records,
including social and medical history. Maintains confidentiality of
- Design individualized treatment care plans by determining the
nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, development, social and
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment
plans and progress, consulting and collaborating with physicians,
psychiatric nurse practitioners, therapists and other key
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms,
medications and treatment events. Writes summaries as needed.
- Assures quality and safety for patients and staff by following
all policies, procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Works to provide consistent and compassionate patient care
focusing on service excellence and the achievement of productivity
- Returns telephone calls and requests for information in a
timely manner and responds to all telephone encounters within 24
- Participates in scheduled clinical treatment team and staff
- Attends the behavioral health service lines monthly department
of psychiatry meeting
- Assists other professionals in the clinic in an emergency.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
Excellent written and verbal skills, Proven skills in maintaining
information as highly confidential, Skilled in clinical
documentation review and quality assurance measures.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship-building skills
- Experience working with an electronic medical record - EPIC
- Openness to learn and grow in a clinically supportive
- Openness to working with dual diagnosed patients
- Telehealth experience and/or willingness to provide services
through the telehealth platform as clinic expands Benefits
- Ability to create own schedule within the outpatient clinic
established hours (currently M-Th 8a-7p and F 9a-1p)
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Supportive, dedicated multidisciplinary teamwork approach
- Clinic located 30 minutes from the beach and within 2 hours of
metropolitan cities: Washington DC, Baltimore, and Philadelphia.
Service expansion plans include Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
Target date June 1, 2020. #palmhealthphysicianopportunities
Keywords: Palm Health Resources, Baltimore , Physician / Psychiatry / Maryland / Locum or Permanent / Adult Psychiatrist - Inpatient Job, Healthcare , Salisbury, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!