Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician Pennsylvania
Company: KA Recruiting Inc.
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Generalist opening in York, Pennsylvania. This and other medical
lab technician jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com REF:
CO248Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician Needed in
Southern PA*Full time and permanent position*Generalist MT/MLT
needed, all shifts available. Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine and/or specialized testing and procedures with
supervision as appropriate.
- Performs a variety of duties at progressively greater skill
levels under varying degrees of supervision; records results. May
operate a variety of laboratory instruments.
- Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and
maintains related records.
- Innoculates, cultivates, classifies and identifies
microorganisms found in bodily fluids, exudates, skin scrapings,
autopsy and surgical specimens in order to provide data on cause,
treatment and prevention of infectious diseases.
- May group or type blood of donors and recipients. May determine
compatibility of donor blood products with intended recipient.
- May perform chemical and/or immunological tests to identify
and/or quantitate substances found in blood and other body
- Counts, describes morphology of, and performs specialized
studies on blood and other body fluid cells. Performs coagulation
- Cuts, stains, and mounts specimens of human tissue. Performs
special stains and/or immunohistochemical testing on tissues as
directed by the pathologist(s).
- Prepares and maintains paraffin, reagents, and other solutions
and stains according to standard formulas.
- Trains other employees in day to day procedures.
- May consult with medical staff and other health care providers
on matters relating to laboratory services.
- Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units;
may participate in research activities and investigates new
products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces,
demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
- Enters or retrieves data from established computer files.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical technology or a related
- Certified as a medical technologist or equivalent. License if
- Completion of student clinical rotations For more information
please submit your resume directly for review!
Keywords: KA Recruiting Inc., Baltimore , Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician Pennsylvania, Healthcare , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!