Clinical Dietitian II
Location: Glen Rock
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Clinical Dietitian IILocation: Wilkes-Barre,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Wellbeing Services, DietitianSchedule:
DaysWork Type: Full timeDepartment: Nutrition Services TeamDate
Posted: 10/29/2021Job ID: R-22012Job SummaryProvides safe,
competent evidence-based nutritional therapy that meets the
standards of practice and the scope of practice as stated by the
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The Manages the individual's
nutrition care in collaboration with the health care team and other
nutrition professionals.Job Duties
- Assesses individual needs through synthesis of information
obtained through the assessment interview, food and nutrition and
related histories, review of the medical record, and discussion
with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Develops a plan to meet assessed needs including
recommendations regarding the composition of diet and meal patterns
and supplements and the volume, rate, and composition of parenteral
and enteral feedings.
- Confers with the health care team to develop goals related to
patient and resident care.
- Plans and coordinates the use of special dietary regimens.
- Documents initial assessment plans for nutritional care and
progress relative to same in the medical record in accordance with
- Evaluates nutritional status of individuals and makes
recommendations regarding provision of optimal care.
- Counsels individuals, families, and care provider on normal
nutrition and therapeutic diets with consideration given to the
individual's educational, cultural, and socioeconomic
- Plans and conducts group classes for individuals in various
areas of nutrition as appropriate.
- Collaborate in or conduct food and nutrition research to
demonstrate food and nutrition-related outcomes and to develop food
and nutrition policy and recommendations for individuals, groups,
and special population.
- Consults, educates, and advocates on behalf of individuals,
groups, and special populations regarding food, culinary, nutrition
and health issues, food security and insecurity, nutrition
programs, nutrition wellness and resources.
- Participates in design, development, implementation, and
evaluation of education programs for dietetic interns, affiliating
students and personnel relative to Clinical Nutrition
- Serves as a member of the Dietetic Internship Faculty or as
preceptor and mentor for other dietetic interns and students and
- Perform human resource functions consistent with job
responsibilities: orientation and training, scheduling, mentoring
for professional development.
- Contributes to and designs referral process and systems to
facilitate public access to Registered Dietitians.
- Participates in developing and evaluating the effectiveness of
referral tools and processes.
- Implement outcome-based quality assurance and performance
improvement activities to document outcomes of service; compliance
with regulations, policies, and procedures; and monitor and address
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements including but
not limited to Joint Commission on Accreditation Health
Organization, Pennsylvania Department of Aging, Pennsylvania
Department of Public Welfare and the Center for Medicare and
- Participates in action plans, as needed.
- Compiles statistics and completes Clinical Productivity
worksheets on a timely basis.
- Self-evaluates results and monitors for trends and changes in
productivity related to workload.
- Develop and use electronic information management tools for
practice, research, and education.
- Creates, evaluates, reviews, revises, patient instruction
materials and recipe and food products for the patient and resident
menu.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
position.Position Details**Join our team and receive up to a $3,000
joining bonus!As a valued Dietitian at Geisinger, you can expect:
- Cutting-edge, top-of-scope practice - including independent
order writing, protocol medication adjustments, and more
- Our medical team seeks and implements our recommendations for
- Career growth through our Professional Development Program
- Growing Specialties: Pediatrics, Senior Care, Outpatient,
Diabetes Management, and Outpatient NutritionWe take pride in the
support we provide:
- 5% contribution to your retirement plan
- Generous paid time-off package
- Comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits, including medical,
prescription drug, vision and dental coverage starting day one of
employmentEducationBachelor's Degree- (Required)ExperienceMinimum
of 5 years-Related work experience (Required)Certification(s) and
License(s)Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist - Default Issuing
BodyOur Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Baltimore , Clinical Dietitian II, Healthcare , Glen Rock, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!