Physician - Addiction Specialist
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Addiction Medicine opening in Baltimore, Maryland. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Physician - Addiction
Specialist with Corizon Health:
- Visits the infirmary daily and documents encounters in
patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensures Medical Record
documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds
to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed,
legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are
countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Adheres to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before
utilizing non-formulary procedure. Documents pertinent observations
and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary
medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's
approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site
referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds
appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
and related drug therapy.
- Supports standards of medical care through adherence to
existing policies and procedures. Serves as a resource to other
professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions
- Attends Medical Staff meetings as required. Provides monthly
in-service education of staff as requested. Participates in monthly
review of quality of care and chart reviews as requested. Sponsors
physician assistants as required.
- Notifies Site Medical Director and/or Site Health Services
Administrator of schedule changes. Assists in arrangement for
coverage of medical services if unavailable for extended period of
- Other duties as requested by the Site Medical Director.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
Experience & Requirements
- Licensed physician in state of employment. Current DEA
registration. Board certified or eligible, or qualified by state
laws/regulations to practice medicine.
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally.
Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down
flights of stairs.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and
endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and
emotional) situations encountered on the job.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies; must be able
to perform BLS.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are
required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Join Our Talent Community
Job Locations US-MD-Baltimore
Category Physician & Physician Leadership
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Day
Location ID 91202
Keyphrases: addiction medicine jobs, addiction rehabilitation jobs,
addiction therapist jobs, addiction therapy jobs, addiction
psychiatrist jobs, addiction treatment jobs, substance abuse
treatment jobs, substance abuse rehabilitation jobs, substance
abuse intervention jobs, juvenile substance abuse jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Baltimore , Physician - Addiction Specialist, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!