Registered Nurse Intermediate Care-Heart Failure (IMC-HF) - Relocation Offered!
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Job Summary
- Independently assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the
nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. In
collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based
professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with the
physician and other members of the healthcare team.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Valid RN license in the State of Maryland.
- 1 year RN experience.
- CPR certification.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to precept. Demonstrated high level of
clinical competence. Effective interpersonal skills, including
verbal and written communication. Basic math skills. Basic computer
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Based on assessment of physical, emotional, bio-physical, and
spiritual needs, provides direct patient care and evaluates
outcomes. Incorporates the principles of patient-centered
- Communicates patient's clinical information clearly and
accurately in verbal and written format. Clearly and accurately
documents pertinent information in the patient's medical record.
Consistently demonstrates effective documentation practices and
develops strategies to ensure complete documentation of patient
- Completes timely initial and ongoing patient assessments,
considering the physiological, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural,
and developmental needs of patients and families. Serves as
resource in planning care for complex patients.
- Contributes to optimal patient outcomes as coordinator of a
unit-based healthcare team. Supervises the provision of nursing
care to assigned patients. Consistently demonstrates effective
leadership behavior. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
Facilitates collaboration among other health team members fostering
effective communication with other disciplines.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations. Seeks opportunities to participate
in developing/revising standards of practice to meet changing
patient population requirements.
- Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress
toward identified goals and revises plan of care as appropriate.
Monitors medical condition, intervenes using critical thinking, and
reports patient changes to appropriate personnel.
- Identifies health teaching needs of patients and families.
Develops, implements, and evaluates a health teaching program to
meet the identified needs. Effectively uses and adapts a variety of
teaching resources in meeting the learning needs of
- In collaboration with the patient, family, and other members of
the healthcare team, systematically develops, revises, and
coordinates the patient's plan of care. Formulates nursing
diagnosis as necessary. Assists others in developing, revising, and
coordinating patient's plan of care.
- In coordinating the delivery of patient care, delegates
activities to unlicensed staff in accordance with system policies,
principles of Patient- Centered Care, and the Maryland Nurse
Practice Act. Supervises the performance of the delegated nursing
task by the unlicensed staff. Assists staff in delegation/time
management skills. Identifies ways to facilitate working
relationships among all levels of staff.
- Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team. Takes the
lead in facilitating timely discharge.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment of caring for
patients and families. Provides basic patient comfort measures
during procedures. When necessary, provides environmental support
to expedite timely patient admission or transfer. Identifies and
acts upon opportunities to improve the environment of care.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the
department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides for the emotional support of patients and families
during the crisis of illness. Demonstrates patient/family advocacy.
About MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the
highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington,
D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through
education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400
affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our
health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300
community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association
in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to
research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical
partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is
dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but
also to the continuing education and professional development of
our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for
career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Baltimore , Registered Nurse Intermediate Care-Heart Failure (IMC-HF) - Relocation Offered!, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!