PRN Speech Language Pathologist - Outpatient Pediatrics Rehab - York
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
PRN Speech Language PathologistWeekday Coverage (Monday -
Friday)Up to 4 Weekend Days per Quarter
Job Description:Under general supervision, evaluates patients
regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic
techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, hearing and oral
motor disorders according to the principles and practices of speech
therapy at an entry to intermediate skills level. Works
collaboratively with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines, tests, diagnoses and administers remedial treatments
for patients with speech, hearing, and swallowing disorders.
- Performs evaluations with special attention to receptive and
expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor
competence, articulation and auditory skills and reports on
patient's progress for review by other members of the
- Provides instructions in therapeutic procedures to be continued
by the patient.
- Coordinates speech language pathology activities in
collaboration with the other members of the interdisciplinary team
to facilitate achievement of goals established.
- Conducts or participates in training medical and nursing
personnel in speech language pathology techniques and objectives.
- Utilizes safe patient handling techniques for all patient
transfers, lifts and positioning.
- Provides supervision of Rehab Aides as required by PA practice
- Master's Degree from an accredited program in speech-language
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist required
- BLS certification
- Up to 6 months experience as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Successful completion of Certificate of Clinical Competency or
Strong Clinical Fellow
- Outpatient pediatric experience required
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Baltimore , PRN Speech Language Pathologist - Outpatient Pediatrics Rehab - York, Healthcare , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!