LPN- Med Surg Neuro Tele - Relocation Offered!
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Job Summary
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides
nursing care to an assigned group of patients.Theory-based nursing
care is delivered in collaboration with the patient, family, and
other members of thehealth care team.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Post-high-school vocational/specialized training; completion of
accredited program for licensedpractical nursing.
- 1 year related clinical experience in nursing.
- Valid LPN license in the State of Maryland. CPR
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates patient's clinical information clearly and
accurately in verbal and written format. Clearly and accurately
documents pertinent information in the patient's medical
- Completes timely ongoing patient assessment, considering the
physiological, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental
needs of patients and families.
- Consults with the RN in evaluating patient progress toward
identified goals and objectives and communicates this information
as appropriate to other health care providers.
- Contributes to discharge planning in collaboration with other
members of the health care team.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Delegates activities within the scope of practice of the LPN to
unlicensed staff in accordance with system policies, principles of
patient-centered care, and the Maryland Nurse Practice Act.
Contributes to optimal patient outcomes as an integral member of
the health care team. Supervises the performance of the delegated
nursing task by unlicensed staff.
- In collaboration with the patient and family and other members
of the health care team, contributes to the patient's plan of
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment of caring for
patients and families. Provides for the emotional support of
patients and families during the crisis of illness. Maintains
patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides basic patient comfort measures. Delivers nursing care
to patients considering the current status of the patient, the
identified plan of care, and incorporating the principles of
patient-centered care. Intervenes utilizing critical thinking and
reports changes to the Registered Nurse and other appropriate
- Provides patient health care teaching. Evaluates patient's
understanding of health care teaching.
- When needed, performs environmental support to expedite timely
patient admission or transfer. About MedStar Health MedStar Health
is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in
Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the
practice of medicine through education, innovation and research.
Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a
variety of settings across our health system, including 10
hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest
visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected
institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical
education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more
than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next
generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and
professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers
diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Baltimore , LPN- Med Surg Neuro Tele - Relocation Offered!, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!