Registered Nurse PRN Registry Tier 3 - 120 hrs every 6 weeks - Relocation Offered!
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
If you are searching for a flexible RN position - the Registered
Nurse Per Diem IIIposition is a great opportunity! In the Per Diem
III position, you will float to two or more units which match your
background and interests. You will enjoy a flexible schedule and
competitive pay.Commitment requirements:
- Minimum of ten 12 hour shifts per six week schedule
- Four of the ten12 hour shifts will be on a weekend
- 2holidayshifts per year - one winter and one summer
- 2 hard to fill shifts per yearJob SummaryProfessional care
provider who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing
care of patients from admission through discharge. In collaboration
with the patient and family, provides theory-based professional
nursing care and coordinates care delivery with various members of
the interdisciplinary teamQualifications
- EDUCATION: BSN preferred. Associate Degree from an accredited
School of Nursing required; Bachelor's degree enrollment required
within 6 months of start date and completion within 3 years.
- EXPERIENCE: 1 year of acute bedside RN experience required for
Medical Surgical Units and 2 years of RN experience required for
Critical Care Units; Must have Telemetry experience, and will be
required to pass a rhythm test
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: Current license as a Registered Nurse in the
state or jurisdiction of the facility seeking employment, or
Multistate Compact state or license eligible. CPR certification
required by completion of introductory period.
- SKILLS: Basic math skills. Verbal and written communication
skills. Basic computer skills requiredPrimary Duties and
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards, safety standards, and MedStar SPIRIT Values.
Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Collects and analyzes significant patient's information that
pertains to physical, psychological, socio-cultural, economic,
spiritual, and life-style behaviors and efficiently leveraging
- Functions autonomously providing relationship-based care that
promotes continuous, consistent, efficient and accountable delivery
of nursing care using the nursing process with a favorable focus on
- Identifies current and potential complex problems of specific
patient populations, critically analyzes trends and changes in
patient status, and plans appropriate interventions.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research into patient
care delivery, with a focus on quality and safety.
- Serves as a patient advocate by independently communicating
clinical concerns, including ethical decisions, in a timely manner
to other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Practices within legal boundaries of nurse practice act and
possesses a theoretical understanding of the universal ethical
principles. Recognizes ethical discourse in practice and may seek
other resources in advocacy for support and counsel.
- Individualizes patients plan of care, focusing on short and
long-range goals and effectively uses a variety of teaching
resources to meet the learning needs of patients and families.
- Communicates patient information clearly and accurately in
verbal and written format.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies actual
and potential patient safety issues and acts accordingly while
incorporating HRO quality and safety principles.
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors. Establishes
priorities and delegates tasks to peers and ancillary staff as
appropriate to scope of practice and unit requirements.
- Effectively uses problem identification and resolution skills,
focusing on the clinical scenario to resolve the apparent concern.
Follows the chain of command by consulting with other healthcare
professionals and seeks assistance as needed.
- Independently communicates concerns in a timely manner and
makes suggestions to members of the interdisciplinary team by
seeking and using resources effectively.
- Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress
toward short and long-range goals and revises nursing interventions
- Identifies patient and family needs prior to discharge.
Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in
collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary
- Independently identifies resources and strategies to enhance
professional growth and development and commits to life-long
- Supports and contributes to the unit, department, entity, and
organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision, and
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the
department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service
improvement teams.About MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated
to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and
the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of
medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000
associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of
settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more
than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse
association in the region, and highly respected institutes
dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and
clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years,
MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of
doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional
development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse
opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Baltimore , Registered Nurse PRN Registry Tier 3 - 120 hrs every 6 weeks - Relocation Offered!, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!