Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Harford Gastroenterology Associates
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience
assisting partner clinicians in ambulatory, physician practice
setting. - Specific job duties include:
- Performs clinical and administrative duties in an Ambulatory
setting consistent with policies and procedures.
- Works under the supervision of a physician and performs data
collection, venipuncture, laboratory testing, patient follow up,
and assisting providers with patient exams.
- This position documents, as appropriate, in the medical records
and supports optimal patient flow. QUALIFICATIONS Education: High
school graduation or equivalent; completion of an approved Medical
Assistant program. Experience: 1-3 years experience working in an
ambulatory care medical office, preferably in a paperless
environment; minimum of externship in a medical or ambulatory
health setting. 2 years back office medical experience strongly
- CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) by the American Association
of Medical Assistants or
- RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) through the American Medical
Technologists or equivalent within 6 months from hire date;
- CPR Certification. Skills:
- Ability to type 40 words per minute; basic computer skills;
excellent verbal /written communication and customer service
- Clinical competency as verified during the initial 180 day
orientation period and annually thereafter.
- Computer and Electronic Medical Record skills and ability to
function in a variable clinical setting. JOB DESCRIPTION: You are
responsible for the following: -
- Collecting patient information.
- Obtain and record patient's vital signs: temperature, pulse,
respirations, blood pressure, weight and height.
- Report assessment findings to practitioner and records on
appropriate documentation forms in a timely manner.
- Perform chart review prior to clinic visit to obtain historical
- Monitor patient status recognizing and reporting abnormal
findings or changes in condition.
- Perform delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a
safe, effective, and efficient manner according to Clinical
Practice Policy and Procedures.
- Identify patient's need for additional information, and refer
to appropriate healthcare resources.
- Complete all relevant tasks in regards to prescription refills;
fax pharmacies, follow up with patient and pharmacies.
- Always close the loop by providing the service requested by the
patient in a timely manner that is well documented in the patient
record. This includes documentation of all telephone requests as
well as updating clinical records.
- Perform other duties as Contact: Jeanne Gayle at 443.643.4724.
- Harford Gastroenterology Associates is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Harford Gastroenterology Associates, Baltimore , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Abingdon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!