Wellspan Health Board Relations Coordinator
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Description:This position reports to WellSpan Senior Vice
President and Chief of Staff and coordinates with the CEO and
General Counsel in all matters related to the WellSpan Board of
Directors and its committees. In addition, provides direct
administrative support or oversees the administrative support of
board operations for WellSpan regional and other boards to ensure
the achievement of consistent, efficient and appropriate board and
committee operations. Works collaboratively with senior executives
accountable for boards and committees to create mechanisms and
processes which achieve best governance operational practices. As
the single point of contact for WellSpan Health Board members,
provides exemplary customer service in response to board member
needs and maintains excellent communication with board members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and executes all board functions, including
board and committee meetings and retreats, to fulfill the board's
obligations. Attends all WellSpan Health Board and committee
meetings and occasionally regional board meetings.
- Identifies and creates standardized templates for board agendas
and meeting minutes. Reviews minutes with general counsel for
completion and accuracy. Oversees administrative support of all
board and committee minutes for consistency of description on
- Coordinates continuing education and development of board
members including conferences, literature, etc.
- Coordinates board assessments, self-assessments, review
feedback and presents to CEO, Chief of Staff, board chair and
general counsel in a clear, concise format for evaluation.
- Coordinates with Senior Executives and Communications to
develop board reports, presentations and other communications.
- Attends annual conference for board support professionals.
- Maintains annual calendar of WellSpan Health Board and
committees and oversees the consistency of regional board calendars
and sequencing of meetings.
- Ensures all board policies and bylaws (with assistance from
General Counsel) are kept up to date.
- Ensures all board member job descriptions are kept up to date.
- Coordinates annual board orientation process, including
assignment of mentors to board members. Develops a standardized
matrix of board skills.
- Meets with board members from time to time for support,
including answering questions, discussion of items which need to be
brought forward, and understanding of any concerns.
- Maintains discretion. Brings items of concern forward to the
Chief of Staff, General Counsel, board chair or CEO.
- Identifies appropriate board projects to enhance board
- Ensures timely administration of the board nominating process
- Manages and maintains board portal ensuring all documents are
consistent and posted in a timely manner to appropriate secured
- Stays informed of current best board practices.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience
may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience in high-level administrative
support and 3 years' experience working with a Board of Directors
in a large organization (> $1B revenue).
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Reliable, self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible
and proactive; Ability to multi-task, with strong organizational
skills and strength in developing, organizing and implementing
procedures; Ability to create and sustain strong working
relationships; Sound judgement in decision-making; Absolute
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Baltimore , Wellspan Health Board Relations Coordinator, Healthcare , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!