Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: August 7, 2022
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
Supplemental - Rotating
UM Shore Regional Health
Where the health of the Eastern Shore comes first.
On the Eastern Shore, we are committed to our way of life...and the
people who share it. At University of Maryland Shore Regional
Health, we know what it takes to keep our communities healthy.
We've been caring for families on the Shore for over 100 years, so
we know a thing or two about the unique health needs of our
As a part of our team, you can learn, grow and make a lasting
impact on patients and their families. You'll experience the
support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of
collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many
locations and specialty options to choose from throughout the
beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland - home to legendary seafood,
beautiful beaches and a world of possibilities.
We're looking for experienced Emergency Room Registered Nurses to
join our extraordinary nursing team at University of Maryland Shore
Learn more about what it's like to be a nurse at UM Shore Regional
As a Registered Nurse at UM Shore Regional Health, you'll
- Competitive pay with a recent market adjustment for our
- The advantages of working for a Magnet designated Medical
- Advancement through our Professional Advancement Model (PAM)
designed to recognize and reward nurses based on their
contributions to advancing the practice and profession of
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free
Savings Plans, life insurance and more!
- Work Life Balance: You'll accrue annual leave; we offer
dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an
employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education
and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement and a
student loan repayment program.Job Summary:
Demonstrates ability to administer safe, competent nursing care
which supports the patient/significant others utilizing the nursing
process. Direct and indirect activities are incorporated to
facilitate this process, both within the unit and
interdepartmentally. Charge nurse responsibilities may be delegated
by the Director, Manager, or Supervisor and requires the
application of diverse communication and leadership skills. Highly
flexible in work assignments.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Systematically and continually collects data regarding the
health status of the client. The data is recorded, accessible and
communicated to appropriate members of the Multidisciplinary
Healthcare Team utilizing system policies, procedures, and practice
- Coordinates a comprehensive individualized plan of care for the
client, significant other and healthcare provider to obtain
- Implements the plan of care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and practice guidelines in a safe and
- Determines both the clients progress towards the attainment of
expected outcomes and the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to
organize, prioritize and deliver age specific care in a safe and
- Demonstrates ability in planning, delegation and coordination
of work group activities essential for the provision of quality
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner,
demonstrating respect for patients, families/significant others and
other health team members.
- Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the
- Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red
(in the immediate area), Code Pink (when called), Code D (when
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of
the employee's knowledge and understanding, complies with all
Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and
protected health information. Uses and discloses only that
information which is necessary to perform the function of the
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- BSN preferred.
- 1+ years of Emergency Department experience (preferred)
- Specialty certification encouraged.
- Meets licensing requirements to practice registered nursing in
the State of Maryland. Must meet all applicable state and local
For more information contact Alex Shelton at ...@umm.edu with an
updated resume or schedule a phone call here .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: asn, care unit, coronary, intensive care, nurse
clinical, nurse rn, recovery, staff nurse, tcu, unit
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Grasonville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!