Lead Physician Assistant - Ortho
Company: Mercy Medical Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Overview:The Lead Physician Assistant will work directly with
the Senior Director of Operations on strategic plan and operations.
The majority of this position involves hands on work and leadership
in the OR. They will also create the Physician Assistant schedule
and provide training and guidance to the Orthopedic Physician
Assistants. In addition, this person will see and evaluate patients
under the supervision of the presiding Physician. They will perform
such functions as: examining patients, ordering appropriate
testing, suturing/splinting and developing plans of care in
conjunction with the supervising physicians.
The position requires travel to Mercy's off site
- Must be the graduate of an accredited Physician assistant or
Nurse Practitioner school with board certification or
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in an OR setting
acting as a first assistant
- Experience/knowledge in Occupational Medicine, Emergency
Medicine or Urgent Care experience is desirable but not
- License requirements: Current State License
- Must be CPR certified
- Must be computer literate or learn within 6 months, be able to
follow written and oral instructions, be able to read, write, and
speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to
make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action,
be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to function
effectively as a team with other employees.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal
tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians,
customers, and the general public.
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore , Lead Physician Assistant - Ortho, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!