Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Care Extension
Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Location: Bel Air
Posted on: August 7, 2022
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Care Extension
Full-time, Day Shift, 7a-7:30p
UM Upper Chesapeake Health - Bel Air, MD Campus
I. General Summary
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses who have
greater than 12 months experience. Provides and coordinates
independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully
effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient
care services team. Utilizes the institution's care delivery and
professional practice models as the frame of reference for
practicing as a professional nurse. Participates in activities to
develop own practice, and to support group practice goals at the
unit level. Is accountable to patient, family and team members for
care provided and to the nurse manager for totality of work
performance. Is accountable to hold to the Service Standards and to
the Nursing Mission, Vision and Values.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Competency in care of unit specific patient population;
independently practices with solid knowledge and clinical skills;
engaged in advancing own practice.
- Serves as a clinical resource for others.
- Applies and integrates evidence into practice
- Functions effectively in roles specific to unit, such as arrest
team for ICU, triage for ED, etc.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate
care; independently advocating for patient/family needs
- Models practice consistent with unit operations to ensure safe,
timely effective, efficient, equitable, patient centered care.
- Engaged in advancing own practice.
- Responsible for maintaining competencies required for that
patient care setting; focus on advancing own professional
- Attends unit based staff development independently.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a trained preceptor and
coach's new nurse and students.
- Contributes to developing/evaluating unit based orientation and
other education activities.
- Contributes to nursing support personnel skills and
- Completes CE's on an annual basis based on facility minimum
- Understands and contributes to unit-based outcomes associated
with National Hospital Quality Measures (NDNQI), Nursing Sensitive
Quality Indicators, and Facility Annual Operational Plan.
- Contributes to and endorses some or all elements of
- Provides high quality, safe, patient centered care with focus
on exceeding service expectations.
- Accountable for compliance with regulatory requirements and
holds others accountable; participates in tracer activities when
- Takes action to correct observed risks to patient
- Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate
- Implements policies, procedures, and guidelines consistently in
the performance of assigned duties.
- Develops effective working relationships and maintains good
communication with other team members.
- Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and
communicates the same to those in charge.
- Participates in hospital, departmental and/or unit patient
- Demonstrates the ability to function in the charge nurse
- Participates in teambuilding efforts on their unit.
- Contributes to briefings/staff meetings regularly.
- Contributes and participates in unit, Nursing Division, and
organizational governance structure.
- Participates in recruitment and retention activities at the
Provides feedback in peer review as requested. Provides direct
performance feedback at the direction of the nurse manager.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Current MD RN license and BCLS required.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or
eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined
through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
- Recent appropriate nursing practice (within 5 years) or recent
refresher course. Must have at least one (1) year acute care
- More than 12 months nursing experience. Solid knowledge and
- Current AHA BLS certification required.
- Must meet all unit specific certification requirements: (PALS,
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, hospice, intensive, intensive
care, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse rn, psychatric, surgery,
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Care Extension, Healthcare , Bel Air, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!