Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
*Please Note: this position in located in Lancaster,
Day/Eve/Nights Rotation, Every 3rd Weekend Work/On-call, 1 Winter &
1 Summer Holiday, Weekly 2nd/3rd shift On-Call, 30 minute On-Call
Job Title: Surgical Technologist -Main OR
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
$5,000 sign on minus taxes with 2 year committment
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hr per two weeks working Day/evening/night
rotation with every third weekendwork/on call with one winter/one
summer holiday, weekly eve/night on call rotation with 30 minute
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external
applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of
the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail
address that you included in your application. Please note: Some
e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their
junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days
of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment,
please click HERE .
Assists in the delivery of patient care by handling instruments
during operative procedures and by performing a variety of duties
related to the preparation, processing and arrangement of surgical
instruments and supplies under a Registered Nurse. Patient care
includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal
(birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years),
adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and
geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability
(with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
- Utilizes techniques of infection control. Monitors all
personnel for compliance with aseptic techniques and safety
- Functions primarily as instrument handler on all types of
surgical procedures involving and requiring conformance with
specific sterile and aseptic techniques and procedures.
- Secures, sets up and otherwise prepares the Operating Room
equipment, instruments and supplies. Arranges instruments, tables,
stands and other articles in specified order. Adjusts equipment
within the Operating Room to meet the needs of the surgeon and
- Functions as first assistant to the surgeon by handling tissue,
using instruments to provide wound exposure and hemostasis,
suction, sponge and bovie when needed, cutting tissue and tying
suture as directed by surgeon, which may include closure of
- Anticipates and supplies surgeon's needs for instruments,
supplies and equipment in such a way that the surgeon need not
divert his/her attention from the operative field.
- Identifies emergency situations and responds in a calm and
efficient manner. Recognizes surgical complications and anticipates
corrective measures, assuring expeditious treatment.
- Cares for contaminated instruments and supplies during and
after the surgical procedures utilizing appropriate environmental
- Participates in the on-call system in the O.R. for emergency
and urgency cases.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary
to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in the education and orientation of surgical
- Assists circulating nurse in providing direct patient
- Participates in surgical procedure outside the department.
- Periodically works in the instrument or utility room area.
Duties in this area include sorting instruments and equipment,
arranging set-ups, storing equipment for future use and picking
instruments for scheduled cases.
- Maintains established stock levels in the Operating Room
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- If new to the Surgical Technologist role and hired after
12/28/2020, must be a graduate of an approved school of surgical
technology and be certified within 6 months of hire or validation
of completion of a surgical military training program (Army, Navy
or Air Force).
- All individuals hired after 12/29/2022, must be a graduate of
an approved school of surgical technology and be certified within 6
months of hire or validation of completion of a surgical military
training program (Army, Navy or Air Force).
- CPR Certification.
This position requires FBI fingerprinting and child abuse
This position requires a license or certification
Benefits At A Glance:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following
benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings
will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any
other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by
search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid
written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed
the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and
no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or
through other means.
LGH Full Time Posted on 04/08/2022by Jobble
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Baltimore , Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!