Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Assists surgical team by preparing instruments and equipment
needed for scheduled procedures. Assists surgeon during procedures.
- Adheres to strict aseptic techniques.
- Obtains and inspects surgical instrument needed for each
- Sets up instruments for use during the surgical procedure.
- Assures that all equipment and supplies are available for the
- Assists surgeon during procedures.
- Assists with moving, positioning, and transporting
- Handles specimens in accordance with established operating room
- Performs counts of instruments, sharps, and sponges with the
circulating nurse in accordance with established operating room
- Removes instruments from operating room and returns them to
- Assists in cleaning surgical equipment and operating room for
- May oversee equipment and supply inventory for a service.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot complex technical
- Performs other related duties as directed. Basic
- Minimum two (2) years of operating room experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Completion of an approved civilian or military training for
surgical technologist.License, Certification, Registration
- BLS certification required. Additional Requirements:
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective
interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk,
bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see. Preferred
- Experience in ambulatory surgery preferred.
- Certified Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Baltimore , Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Halethorpe, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!