Geriatric Nursing Assistant: Long Term Care
Company: LifeBridge Health, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About the Households/ Long term Care Unit: Provides long-term
care for patients. Households are comprised of six units with 14
private bedrooms in each. Each HH has a central kitchen where a
hostess can cook for the patients daily, den with books and a
large-screen television, and a washer and dryer so that staff can
wash residents clothing separately. HH 5-6 are for patients that
may be suffering from dementia or reduced cognitive abilities; due
to this staff members must badge-in and badge-out to prevent
patients from exiting the units. Staff members must be able to
recognize an individuals likes, dislikes, routines and needs and
deliver care based on that information. JOB SUMMARY: Provides safe,
age-appropriate patient care, assisting with Activities of Daily
Living while maintaining a safe and clean environment. Tasks
include but are not limited to:
- Provides turning and positioning every two hours when
- Performs routine treatment procedures including application of
devices for heat, cold, etc.
- Takes temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height and blood
pressure accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performs re-takes without reminder.
- Prepares patient for meals. Assists with meals or feeds
- Distributes drinking water and nourishment to patients in a
- Answers call lights in a timely manner.
- Anticipates patient needs.
- Make rounds of assigned patients.
- Assists with handling of care of clothing and other personal
property (glasses, dentures, contact lenses, hearing aids and
prosthetic devices, etc.).
- Collects and transports specimens according to procedure.
- Maintains a safe environment for the resident: bed in low
position, side rails up per policy, call light within patient's
- Performs ROM, ambulation, wheelchair mobility, bowel and
- Applies splints properly and according to schedule.
- Serves and removes food trays in a timely manner.
- Obtains temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height
and weight for new admission upon arrival.
- Observation and Reporting:
- Observes patients and reports changes to supervision.
- Tasks: Identifies and notifies Supervisor/Charge Nurse of
common health concerns associated with the resident.
- Observes change in patient behavior or condition and notifies
appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Alerts nurse of abnormal vital signs immediately.
- Alerts nurse/charge nurse of patient refusal of any procedure
or task assigned in a timely manner.
- Reports pain promptly.
- Reports complaints and unusual incidents to appropriate
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- GED equivalent or High School certificate.
- Less than one year experience required.
- Basic computer skills; Standard Office Equipment
- Medical terminology
- Medical equipment
- Hoyer lift and specialty beds
- American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification,
- GNA licensure.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
gna #geriatricnursingassistant #nursingsupport
#certifiednursingassistant #certifiedmedicineaide #cna #cma
Keywords: LifeBridge Health, Inc., Baltimore , Geriatric Nursing Assistant: Long Term Care, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!