Senior Clinical Nurse I (RN) - PICU\/CICU
Company: University of Maryland Medical Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job ID: 105273
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: nights or rotating
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse - PICU/CICU
Full-time - Night Shift
Better State of Care Magnet designated Academic Medical Center with
a 19 bed combined Pediatric Intensive/Cardiac Care Unit (PICU/CICU)
providing expert multidisciplinary care for children from infants
to young adults with life-threatening conditions. We meet the
unique needs of these specialized populations by integrating
safety-focused, family-centered patient care with superb service,
while individualizing patient education and psycho-social support.
We endeavor to incorporate current evidence and innovative research
into our practice, throughout the continuum of care.
University of Maryland Medical Center is seeking an experience
Registered Nurse (preferred Pediatric CICU/ICU) to join the PICU
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model: Opportunities to
progress in function, skills, collaboration, growth, leadership and
pay through our advancement model;
- A collaborative work environment;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an
Academic Medical Center with Magnet Designation;
- Work Life Balance: paid vacation, personal days, separate sick
time, and floating holidays;
- A full benefit package including a three tiered health, vision
& dental package, life insurance, Employer paid matching retirement
contributions, and other programs;
- A competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base
wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Tuition reimbursement for your continued education;
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement;
This role is designed for the nurse who is a clinical and
professional leader at the unit level. Demonstrates effective and
consistent leadership behaviors in advancing evidence based
practices, leading unit governance initiatives, and coaching others
to achieve and grow in the role of the professional nurse.
- Provides independent care of unit specific patient population;
serves as Clinical Resource for others, utilizes and integrates
evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to
unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
- Serves as a clinical expert and professional resource for the
unit nurses. Utilizes clinical expertise to teach nurses informally
on the unit in a structured role or through formal teaching in
- Leads in the development of Performance Improvement, or
Evidence Based Practice, or research at the unit level. Meets at
least one form of advancing practice in the continuum of research:
PI, EBP, or research. Leads at least one primary project that uses
a model as the project's framework. The selected model must be
identified within the portfolio.
- Performs charge role as scheduled; coaches new charge
- Oversees unit orientation program.
- Serves as an expert preceptor, coach and mentor to new nurses,
students and preceptors.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or
eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined
through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
- BSN or Conferred BSN degree required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Relevant clinical work experience related to practice on the
- Maintenance of 20 contact hours of education every two
- Member of a professional organization.
- Must be at least a 0.50 FTE.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: care, care unit, domiciliary, intensive, mhb,
staff nurse, surgery, surgical, tcu, unit
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore , Senior Clinical Nurse I (RN) - PICU\/CICU, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!