Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU
Company: University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health
Location: Bel Air
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job ID: 104652
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Bel Air,MD US
Hours of Work: 7a-7:30p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU
Supplemental/Per-diem, Day shift, 7a-7:30p
UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, Bel Air, MD
A clinically competent professional who utilizes the nursing
process to direct and deliver care to the patient population on an
- Assesses and documents accurately the physical, psychosocial,
educational, spiritual/cultural, and discharge planning needs of
- Develops a prioritized plan of care (POC) based on medical
diagnosis and identified patient/family needs. Updates POC
- mplements the plan of care by performing evidence-based
interventions and treatments specific to the diagnosis or problem:
administers/monitors blood transfusions, medications, IV therapy
per hospital policy. Demonstrates ability to function effectively
in clinical emergencies. Demonstrates skills and competencies
- Ventilator Management
- Advanced Hemodynamic monitoring (Arterial Line, Flow Track, PA
catheter, CVP Monitoring)
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
- Intracranial Pressure Monitoring /Lumbar Drain Management
- Sets priorities and organizes work effectively.
- Provides health teaching that addresses such topics as
risk-reducing behaviors, activities of daily living, infection
prevention behaviors and patient rights and responsibilities.
- Assures the Environment of Care is maintained according to
- Evaluates and documents the effectiveness of the planned
strategies in relation to patient responses and the attainment of
the expected outcomes.
- Assures compliance with all National Hospital Quality Measures.
Ensures compliance with all National Patient Safety Goals and
infection control standards.
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing
practice. Demonstrates skills and competencies for the adolescent,
adult and elderly patient. Maintains and is accountable for
required 20 CEUs for the year. Submits clinical ladder yearly
completion list, if applicable.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development
of peers and colleagues; assists others with implementation of
- Partners with others to effect change and generate positive
outcomes through knowledge of the patient, use of SBAR
communication and hand-off communication per policy.
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice by
delivering care that protects patient outcomes, dignity, rights and
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and
impact on practice in the planning and delivery of care: uses
supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Throughput: Ensures efficient throughput of patient admissions
- Assumes leadership role of the team. A registered nurse assigns
the nursing care for each patient to other nursing personnel in
accordance with the patient's needs and qualifications and
competence of the nursing staff available. Delegates tasks and
coordinates care of patient in a manner which results in efficient
and effective patient care.
- Coordinates/Facilitates the process of timely, daily
interdisciplinary rounds, assuring that the appropriate health care
team members are present (per unit standard).
- Facilitates efficient and safe patient throughput and care.
Assures achievement of departmental compliance with: Bedside Shift
Report, Core Measures, National Patient Safety Goals, Environment
of Care Standards, Meaningful Use Documentation, and Patient and
Family Experience initiatives.
- Rounds regularly with team members to keep up to date with
patient status changes. Has situational awareness with regards to
unit activity. Completes patient assignments, coordinates
admissions and bed placement, and attends daily Bed Meetings.
Skills & Abilities
- Convey effective verbal and written communications
- Utilize basic assessment and critical thinking skills
- Organize and manage time effectively setting appropriate
- Make independent decisions consistent with current policies,
procedures and nursing standards
- Successfully complete standardized dosage exam
- Adapt hours of availability to variable and changing needs of
the hospital, including all shifts
- Effectively function as a member of a collaborative team
- Respond to emergency situations appropriately
- Adhere to standards of behavior and support Culture of
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or
eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined
through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
- More than 12 months nursing experience. Solid knowledge and
- Current AHA BLS certification required.
- Must meet all unit specific certification requirements: (PALS,
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: care, domiciliary, hospice, infusion, intensive,
intensive care, maternal, psychiatric, recovery, transitional
Keywords: University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU, Healthcare , Bel Air, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!