Registered Nurse (RN) - Supplemental Staffing - Program A
Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: November 26, 2022
What You Will Do:
The Supplemental Nursing unit at University of Maryland Medical
Center offers the experienced RN an opportunity to practice in any
number of world-class clinical specialties and practice settings,
from Shock Trauma to Neurology, and surgical specialties. Our staff
supports every unit of the hospital, meeting acute needs and
filling in for nurses who may be on extended leave. The successful
candidate will have at least one year of medical surgical nursing
experience. Requires a minimum commitment of 96 hours/month, with 4
shifs per month on weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Two holidays (1
Summer & 1 Winter) per year are also required. We offer a
competitive salary, with shift differential. EOE
Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice
as a professional registered nurse in collaboration with members of
the permanent nursing staff. Accountable to the patient and family
for care provided and to the nurse manager for the totality of work
- II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Provides safe care to patients, using appropriate nursing
- Keeps self current with and adheres to standards of practice
and institutional/unit policies.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of assigned patient's health
status, treatment, care and progress and follows the plan of care
based on this information.
- Organizes care and sets priorities based on the most pertinent
needs of each patients.
- Seeks guidance from appropriate resources when necessary and
validates decisions when appropriate.
- Responds appropriately in emergency conditions.
- Recognizes changes in patient's physical and mental states and
takes appropriate actions.
- Keeps self current with regard to required certification such
as, CPR, infection control, and fire and safety.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with other health team
members in determining patient health care needs.
- Recognizes and responds to and relates verbal, non-verbal, and
written communication in a clear and concise manner.
III. Working Conditions
- Weekend, holidays, and a specific number of days per month may
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office
IV. Patient Safety
Ensures patient safety in the performance of job functions and
through participation in hospital, department or unit patient
- Takes action to correct observed risks to patient
- Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate
- Implements policies, procedure, and standards consistently in
the performance of assigned duties.
- Develops effective working relationships and maintains good
communication with other team members.
- Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and
communicates the same to those in charge.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure in the State of Maryland as a Registered
- Minimum of 1 year of recent clinical experience as an R.N.:
(however, type of experience requirements may vary depending upon
specific qualifications established at the unit level).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the
assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the
principles of growth and development over the life span and possess
the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements
relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care
needed as described in the unit/area/department policies and
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: domiciliary, hospice, neonatal, nurse, nurse rn,
registed, registered nurse, surgery, surgical, transitional
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - Supplemental Staffing - Program A, Healthcare , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!