Company: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Assesses nutritional needs; develops, implements, evaluates, and
documents nutritional care plans for hospitalized patient and
performs diet instruction in preparation for discharge, according
to applicable regulations, policies, and procedures
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assesses data reflective of patient's status and interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirement relative to his/her age group.
- Conducts nutritional assessment for patients and makes
appropriate recommendations for medical nutrition therapy.
- Consistently utilizes established screening criteria to
identify patients at nutritional risk.
- Documents screening and assessments in medical record according
to clinical standards.
- Recommends changes in medical nutrition therapy based on
assessments and discusses rationale for change.
- Develops and implements plans of nutritional care correlated
with other health disciplines.
- Calculates the composition of all enteral and parenteral
formulas and assesses appropriateness.
- Counsels patients and caregivers in nutrition principles, care
plan, and food selection appropriate for diet order.
- Precepts dietetic interns.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary committees, task forces, and
patient planning rounds.
Required Minimum Education. The minimum level of education for this
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
- Must be available for weekends and occasional evening work.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) - ACEND approved
internship or equivalent education and approved experience
- Must be registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Must be licensed or meet licensure requirements and be in the
process of applying for licensure with the Maryland State Board of
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Must comprehend medical terminology.
Advanced Certification or CNSC preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Physical Demands - Medium
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of
force constantly to move objects
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position
will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions in accordance with the Americans with
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
Keywords: Anne Arundel Medical Center, Baltimore , Dietitian, Healthcare , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!