Wound Care RN (WOCN), PRN, Days, MedStar Union Memorial Hosp
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Coordinates the efforts of the health care team in Enterostomal
Therapy. Initiates plan of care, changing as reassessment of
patient needs dictates. Provides clinical expertise and education
to patients, family, staff, and physicians.
- Valid RN license in the State of Maryland Required
- Bachelor's degree PreferredExperience
- 3-4 years Clinical experience in enterostomal therapy
- 1-2 years 2 years precepting teaching experience
RequiredLicenses and Certifications
- WOCN (Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing) Required or
- ET (Enterostomal Therapist) certification. RequiredKnowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Basic math skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Collaborates with appropriate persons, groups, or departments
to define, develop, implement, and evaluate standards of practice
- Consults with staff and physicians regarding new modalities of
care and ongoing care management.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Coordinates efforts of the health care team for patients with
selected disorders of the GI, GU and integumentary systems, such as
stomas, draining wounds, fistulas/tubes, vascular ulcers, pressure
ulcers, neuropathic ulcers and incontinence.
- Evaluates supplies and equipment for clinical effectiveness and
monitors appropriate utilization and cost effectiveness. Processes
billing information as appropriate. Serves as primary resource
regarding utilization of specialty beds.
- Follows up on patient caseload including telephone triage.
- Instructs patients and family members individually and in
groups on selected related topics. Provides resource information
for patients and families.
- Maintains accurate records of work activities and compiles
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of research findings and changing
technology and uses this knowledge to educate staff and patients.
Presents formal education programs and provides individual guidance
to staff. Participates in staff orientation to specific patient
care needs. Consults with and educates physicians regarding wound
- Notifies staff of direct care interactions including education
provided to patient and families and provides written documentation
of the same. Provides direct patient care as required, for patients
in inpatient and outpatient setting. Maintains patient privacy and
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a consultant to multidisciplinary team (staff and
physicians) for assessment, planning, implementation of patient
care, ongoing care management and discharge planning.
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Baltimore , Wound Care RN (WOCN), PRN, Days, MedStar Union Memorial Hosp, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...